Blood sucking devils

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
I notice Benson licking the air while looking up and figured maybe his tail pocket was getting infected. So I bathed him as usual and found 2 fleas by his crotch. Poor guy I don't think he knows how to scratch himself so that's why he was doing that strange move. My question is what is used best for English bulldogs to fight and repel the fleas. I was thinking of Frontline they sell at petco but how fast does it work?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Frontline is an option..... we use Sentinel and Vectra 3D. Also, if he has fleas, you can use Dawn dish soap to bathe him... as it will kill the fleas.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We have used both Sentinel and Frontline for Frank and both have worked well with no adverse side effects. I know that Frontline worked very quickly for us.

Maryjane

Jan 25, 2015
Country
No Permanent Address
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Ziggy
I personally steer clear from applying synthetic products on my baby so I use a 50/50 apple cider vinegar/water spray to deter fleas and ticks. I spray Mr.Ziggy all over his body including paws and underside before going out and wipe and spray again once we're back in. I also use lavender oil, a few drops on his shoulders and tail for the same purpose. I have a diluted lavender oil with water ready in a spray bottle since I use it alternately with the ACV mixture. Lavender has calming properties so it makes my baby relax and sleep well. I once saw a dead flea on him as well as a flea walking away from him!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hmm, we've never had an issue with fleas in canada, but now that we've moved, this spring should be interesting. I'll have to keep watch for some critters...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.