Face Wrinkles and Diaper Rash Cream

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I have always been told that using diaper rash cream like butt paste is good to use for bulldog wrinkles that are bothered with yeast and such. However, the last vet visit I had the vet tech told me the zinc is bad for the dog and could cause damage. Any thoughts?

Jessica

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have always been told that using diaper rash cream like butt paste is good to use for bulldog wrinkles that are bothered with yeast and such. However, the last vet visit I had the vet tech told me the zinc is bad for the dog and could cause damage. Any thoughts?

Jessica

Yes, it is bad if its ingested. However, if you are putting it in the folds of their face, you only need a little, and typically they shouldn't be able to get to it. When I put it in Tyson's wrinkles, I can't see it anymore once I let go, I have to open the wrinkles to clean, and treat.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, it is bad if its ingested. However, if you are putting it in the folds of their face, you only need a little, and typically they shouldn't be able to get to it. When I put it in Tyson's wrinkles, I can't see it anymore once I let go, I have to open the wrinkles to clean, and treat.

agreed... make sure you only use a little... no need to put on a thick coats, just enough to cover it

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.