Tail Pockets- What we Learned Yesterday..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy crap I had never even thought of that! :faint: Wonder if i ever did that to Banks??? hers was so tight and she did what you describe of Blue a few times --- thanks for the info and I hope Blue is better soon... kind of like us bruising the tail bone in our arse !

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Ohh no! I hope that's not what happens to Barkley!! His is very tight and I always gets under there good when I wipe him. He always acts like he loves it and whenever I say "let's clean your butt!" He runs over and turns his butt to me and sticks his tongue in and out while I clean it haha but then when I'm done sometimes he will scurry away and put his butt down fast on the floor in a corner....sometimes he will turn and start licking towards it too. I'll have to start being more gentle with him from now on!! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He's been on Rimadyl since Thursday night and there hasn't been a change. He still doesn't want us to touch it.
Chris had doubts about her diagnosis and I don't know what to think anymore.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's been on Rimadyl since Thursday night and there hasn't been a change. He still doesn't want us to touch it.

CRAP.... it is red or look like it might be getting worse?

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank

frank let me get back under his tail about 3-4 days after I was told I sprained it. I was doubtful of the diagnoses too... when he did let me clean him I still had to go very slow and tempt him with a high value treat. he would tuck his butt down the first few times and try to get away, but would no longer snap at me. after about 2-3 days of butt tucking, he was fine and would allow me to do it normally.

hoping you get to the bottom of this soon.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty's pocket was very deep (with a tight screw tail) and hard to clean properly which was why his vet suggested the surgery. i have to say it is 100% better now, doesn't get gunky at all and he didn't have to have his tail amputated, just the very tip. Well worth it. Now, if I could just get his hair to grow back we would be in great shape!!

Most Reactions