Gunk Under Nose Rope

Tracy361

Oct 13, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy
I clean Remy's wrinkles w a clean cloth a few times a day but she still seems to have problems with her nose rope. I've read malacetic wipes, duoxo, witch hazel etc work but I'm not sure which one to go with.

59416027648dde0e81fd42823f4a1af9.jpg

This is how her rope looks like currently.
Has anyone had this problem and how did you get rid of it?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have been using cotton ball and witch hazel in my Frenchie's wrinkies-she has more trouble than the EBDs!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We do baby wipes & witch hazel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Same here wipes and then witch hazel, working pretty good so far. Spring is just around the corner though.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I use an antimicrobial wipe made for animals, then dry with a rag or towel, then follow up with medicated gold bond, franks 'problem wrinkle' as I call it has totally cleared up since I started the medicated gold bond. definitely need something with a drying agent. I do have witch hazel but my vet reccommended gold bond over witch hazel.

i put the gold bond in a plastic taper nozzle ketchup bottle to make application easier for all involved. frank would be very upset if I got powder in his eye!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
same witch hazel on a cotton pad

OP
Tracy361

Tracy361

Oct 13, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy
Thanks for the help everyone! I think I'm going to try out witch hazel since that seems to be very popular here and I also seen it at my local sprouts store.

gigglebox

Jan 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Amelia
Making a post b/c I can't reply to your PM without a couple more posts ;P We tried Witch Hazel, and it didn't cut it. Amelias yeast was super terrible though.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Witch Hazel is great for maintaining, but if there's yeast, it won't get rid of it.

If the witch hazel doesn't work- you can try Douxo wipes or TrziCHLOR 4 wipes (my new favorite.) Both kill yeast and have self drying properties so you don't need to wipe after use.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.