What to clean wrinkles with

Hanks Mother

Jan 16, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Hello everyone!
I've been using a hypoallergenic baby wipe followed with a dry paper towel, and then some corn starch to clean Hank's wrinkles, but they are just still really gunky and stained. I clean them every day. We switched him to a better food, which exponentially helped his allergies, his acne, and his ears, but I still need something better for his wrinkles. Any thoughts?
IMG_20141025_243512492.jpg
Thanks for your help!
Micayla and Hank

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Micayla - Hank is one handsome boy. We use unscented baby wipes with witch hazel. Also, if his face gets irritated, we'll put a little baby destin in the folds.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have the same problem w/Tate and his tear stains and facial wrinkles. You want to make sure the wrinkles are kept as dry as possible to prevent yeast from growing there. How about trying some Witch Hazel, an astringent that will help keep the area dry. Hopefully others can give some input. [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] keeps Buster's face very nice and clean.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it's all in the food honestly. I think I may have it right after 2 and half years. That aside we use Duoxo pads and witch hazel every day.
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] was using some butt paste on her boy that you can only get in the southeast and that helped out a lot but I'm not sure if she's using it anymore.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=13536]Hanks Mother[/MENTION], that's a good product b/c there's no alcohol added. I'd get the unscented for Hank.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I think it's all in the food honestly. I think I may have it right after 2 and half years. That aside we use Duoxo pads and witch hazel every day.
@ddnene was using some butt paste on her boy that you can only get in the southeast and that helped out a lot but I'm not sure if she's using it anymore.

LOL some butt paste.

OP
H

Hanks Mother

Jan 16, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Awesome. I'll order some of that today. Do you just rub it on with a cotton ball or something? And do you use it to clean the tail pocket as well? Sorry to overload you with questions

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Awesome. I'll order some of that today. Do you just rub it on with a cotton ball or something? And do you use it to clean the tail pocket as well? Sorry to overload you with questions

Yup, I'll use a cotton ball for face, and plain baby wipes but butt. (with the witch hazel, of course)

No overload - that's what this site is for! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The Butt Paste is essentially the same thing as Desitin. (Except it has much cuter packaging)!

It's also thicker and sticks better. The purple desitin is also thicker and sticks, it also has more zinc I think. I quit using the blue desitin since I found the purple one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use a unscented baby wipe on their eyes, ears and nose ropes (their nose ropes aren't very deep, so don't get gucky) about two or three days a week. Dozers ears tend to more waxy than Blossoms, and he tends to get goopy eyes still but to as much as he did before. I lean their faces with the wipes, and when I bath them, I wash their faces and ears with a wash cloth and shampoo, and then I wash their bodies. I rinse them both with equal parts of white vinegar and warm water.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.