Bulldog's Privates

tater119

Dec 25, 2014
New York
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mojo
So it never dawned on me until about a couple of days after I brought my first EB home, that they can't really clean their privates. I tried wiping my little boys manhood first with a wipe (didn't work too well) and then tried with malacetic wipes, works better but still not as much as I'd like. I don't want to give him a full blown bath just yet because temps are frigid here and I don't want to take the risk of him getting chilled. Would a warm and soapy washcloth work better?
I've read a lot about their care but oddly never seen a bulldogs privates (besides their butts) mentioned. On a good note, he seems to enjoy my attempts of cleaning :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A quick wipe with a non-scented baby wipe is fine.. unless it is real dirty then a warm wash cloth is just a good than a bath.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Wow, well we know who his favorite person is going to be! :luv: First, welcome to EBN, and I think a warm cloth will be fine. I think the coolie is the most important to keep clean as that can get a bit messy.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I use Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads on Jovi. Bu she has a yeast issue, which can also be something he may have {its common} and def good for the wrinkles!! :) Jovis clears up in a week and then you have to do it daily, one of the perks of being a bull parent, always cleaning wrinkles and other things.

OP
tater119

tater119

Dec 25, 2014
New York
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mojo
Thank you! I will see if the washcloth will work and if not try those wipes. His belly around that area is easily cleaned it's just that right around where his wee wee meets his belly, well it's crusty, it comes off a little but by far not all of it. Should I show this to the vet when he goes in for his shots next week?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you! I will see if the washcloth will work and if not try those wipes. His belly around that area is easily cleaned it's just that right around where his wee wee meets his belly, well it's crusty, it comes off a little but by far not all of it. Should I show this to the vet when he goes in for his shots next week?

Yes, when you take him to the vet let him see it.. just to make sure nothing is going on that should not be

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
i dont think its anything to be concerned about, but it doesnt hurt to ask your vet questions. It's common in bullies, and they require cleaning maintenance daily. It could just be dirty :) it took be a bit to find out Jovi has a yeast issue, and I actually found out through people on here!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I wipe privates everyday.lol It will be part of your life now :) I use a baby wipe on my boy and girl but I use witch hazel for folds and ears. A little bit of crusty is normal for boys.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.