Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tear Stain problem

Quote Originally Posted by Caldy315 View Post
    So as an update we've been doing almost everything suggested for about a month now. We've gotten Costco yogurt which he gets a couple spoonfuls twice a day with his meals. We've also gotten drinking water, the kind where you fill up a gallon from the dispensing station at the grocery store. He's still on Fromm Pork and Peas but just ran out today and will likely get him something different this time. Thinking lamb and lentil. We wipe his eyes a couple of times daily and do witch hazel about once a week. ACV in the water as well. Tear stains haven't decreased really. Treats that we give are Charlie Bears and maybe there in lies the problem. We try to mix up with different treats, are there any specific treats you guys know of? Again it's odd because when we moved was when the tear stains came about

Any other advice? Thinking we've done all we can.
    I have been battling tear-stains almost since day one w/Bass and have tried everything. I am under the impression that he has environmental allergies and is possibly allergic to my cat. I have had his eyes checked by two vets, no issues there. When he turns 3 we will be doing the allergy testing just to have an idea of what the actual triggers are and pump up his immune system during season changes.
    That said…TREATS: freeze dried liver treats are good, they are even recommended to help combat tear-stains (did not work for us, but did not add to the stains either and he LOVES them. Stewart is the brand and they are worth the price).
    I have just accepted that my boy will most likely always be battling this and some months worse than others. He is on all the necessary pre-cautions (ACV, yogurt, filtered water system,organic/hard-pressed/extra virgin coconut oil ect.) Destine and vaseline are my best defenses. I am always reading up on "new" methods for tear-stains…if I come across a miracle cure I will most definitely post here. This has been a mission for me

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Shannon
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
    Likes (Received)

Juno has tear stains too. I don't know how to fix it. I read it's caused by diet but she's on Fromm.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sdefilippo View Post
    Juno has tear stains too. I don't know how to fix it. I read it's caused by diet but she's on Fromm.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Could be seasonal allergies too... Food - even though Fromm is exceptional-- doesn't mean is the right one. Lambeau is allergic to lamb so i can only use Pork n Peas for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads