Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anal gland cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoginsfl View Post
    Thanks everyone. Buddy is now 2 years, 8 months. One of my biggest fears is that if I start doing this ( anal glands) I will continue to have to do it. It has probably been 4 or 5 times that he smelled like that. I did end up doing it myself once and I was successful. The vet who does the teeth cleaning was SUPPOSED to call me yesterday with a quote but never did. We're beginning our tourist season now so ( impossible to drive at times) they are probably slammed with business. I will call back today. Thanks everyone.
    What part of Fl do you live in? I live in Bradenton and the roads are full here too with all the snow birds.??

Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Hi and Thanks I USED to live over there in Sarasota for 30 years but now I am in Delray Beach which is the East Coast. I know there is a good bulldog vet in Sarasota and also north of you near Lakeland.

Real Name
    Olivia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle
    Likes (Received)

I've worked for two vets so I got really good at expressing anal glands. Fortunately our groomer includes it in the cost of Belle's bath so I won't have to worry about it. It's not hard to do...it just really stinks and not something I would want to do in my house. If you ever get glands that are very hard or difficult to express make sure you let a vet take a look. Sometimes they can get infected and it's not something you want to deal with on your own.
    "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.
    ― Charles de Gaulle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads