New English bulldog, pocket tail?

OWB5414

Oct 30, 2014
San Jose
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Hello! I am a first time dog and first time bull dog owner. Right now my 6 month old English bulldog is being treated for giardia. :( He had seemed like he is was getting better but this morning I had noticed that he was trying to scratch his butt. Then tonight I was wiping his bum and noticed that there was a little discharge and when trying to wipe he got very angry. I am thinking that he might have pocket tail? I have an appointment on Monday with the vet. Anything I can do in the meantime.

Thanks!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He may need his glands expressed. The vet will get him fixed up when he goes in. :welcome: to EBN!

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I agree with Phil. The vet will fix him up. If he has a tail pocket, he will need to get use to you cleaning it, or it may become a mess. The vet can help you with that also. My dog is so used to me cleaning it as soon as I get the wipe he automatically gives me his hiney. LOL It is the cutest thing, but I think it is a relief to him also.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN ..... poor little guy, most likely he is itchy from the giardia, but have the vet check his glands when you go in. If you do not want to wait, grooming places do the expressions too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online