Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Mickey - my 11 year old rescue - I noticed has black tear stains under his left eye. The other eye is fine. Has anyone experienced this?
:unsure:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use to under Vegas's one eye. Take a soft cloth, dip in witch hazel and clean it daily. Don't dry the witch hazel out, leave it on. Vegas's was caused by food allergies. He is now on a grain free Earthbourne Holistic brand food (Lamb). Has done wonder's for him for over two years now. NO tear stains at all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use to under Vegas's one eye. Take a soft cloth, dip in witch hazel and clean it daily. Don't dry the witch hazel out, leave it on. Vegas's was caused by food allergies. He is now on a grain free Earthbourne Holistic brand food (Lamb). Has done wonder's for him for over two years now. NO tear stains at all.

agreed!

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thanks, I cleaned it real good last night and I noticed that the skin is black - ?? I also wish I could change food, but he is on a renal type food for his kidneys. I have been having trouble with his sleeping lately - not sleeping at night at all. Last night he was grunt-moaning while laying down in bed and I thought to myself - that is a pain sound. So, I knew he slept good on the love seat, so we all went and slept on the couches last night - he slept all night. It is his arthritis - - I am going to go to Walmart today and get one of those foam mattress pads and put it on my bed and see how he does with that. He likes to be touching me while he sleeps and last night he couldn't because he was on the love seat and I was on the sofa. Yea - it is not dementia like the VET said - because Mickey knows who I am and where he is at - I was thinking for a while now that it was not dementia. I have, of course, changed vets. Wish me luck with the mattress foam pad. . . . :D

Most Reactions