Does anyones bullies shed alot?

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
Cash sheds SO bad and has ever since he was a puppy I'm not talking about just a little I mean there's hair everywhere but I mean it's not like it's falling out and he has bald spots or anything he just sheds bad I constantly sweep up piles of hair. I started feeding him wheat free dry dog food and that helped a bit but not much. Everytime I give him a bath I always brush him with a wire brush. We use medicated bulldog shampoo on him and he's never had any hotspots. My female doesn't shed at all but Cash sheds crazy here's a picture after one brushing
da35007b277e19fd8ffa1874f1c2b55d.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Two of ours shed bad like that and the others not so much.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea used to shed a ton, but it had gotten much better since we switched her food.

OP
K

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
I've tried so many different dry foods and the one I'm feeding now seems the best that's help and only thing that's different is it's wheat free

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yeah finding the right food is tough. Right now we are feeding a grain free/animal protein free diet that is worming really well.

bullybaby

Jul 25, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Salmon oil.... we use the grizzly salmon oil, it is one of the top ones. It help Diesel a lot.

CarlaW

May 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Cash sheds SO bad and has ever since he was a puppy I'm not talking about just a little I mean there's hair everywhere but I mean it's not like it's falling out and he has bald spots or anything he just sheds bad I constantly sweep up piles of hair. I started feeding him wheat free dry dog food and that helped a bit but not much. Everytime I give him a bath I always brush him with a wire brush. We use medicated bulldog shampoo on him and he's never had any hotspots. My female doesn't shed at all but Cash sheds crazy here's a picture after one brushing /QUOTE]

My Jake was like that too Until I found an idea on one of the boards here. Jake is on a grain-free dry dog food, so I now I add about a tbsp of the wet food version of his food and 1/2-1/4 tsp of coconut oil to his food (once a day). It has worked AMAZINGLY well. He barely sheds anymore, barely scratches anymore and his coat is soooo much softer!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter sheds a lot too, so I started using the Furminator once a week. I also use the Kong brush after that to really get up the hairs… and he's not shedding so much. We use a grain-free food, and coconut oil… it really seems to make a difference.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.