Baby Wipes for all?

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Hello, gosh am I glad I found this site! SO much information :)
But I am a little confused now on cleaning. The breeder we got Opie from told us all we will ever need to clean his wrinkles and tail pocket were baby wipes. So that's been what we have been doing. But now from reading on here it I've seen a lot of people say not to use baby wipes as they don't have a drying agent and will leave behind too much moisture...
So far we haven't had any problems but now I am worried. And last night I discovered that Opie does actually have a very deep tail pocket and I gave it a good cleaning and got tons of hair out.
All in all my question is: Is every bulldog so different that to one bulldog being cleaned with baby wipes is ok and to another it isn't?
I just want to know if I need to completely stop with baby wipes and get on the witch hazel wagon, or buy something that has a quick drying agent.

Thanks in advance for your help and input.

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
My boy really doesnt need a lot of help with his wrinkles, but I met a fellow bulldog owner and he swears by Epi-Otic. I use it for my Labs wet ears and it keeps her from getting yeastie. My vet only charges $2 for 8oz.

I was told to put it on a qtip and clean out his wrinkles 2 a week and he should be golden. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I used baby wipes until I found witch hazel... the with hazel has the drying agent that really does make a difference in keeping the area dry and limits the moisture build up

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I like witch hazel because of the drying aspect of it. Plus a bottle of witch hazel plus cotton pads/balls is really inexpensive.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can use the baby wipes, but just take a paper towel and dry it afterwards or try the witch hazel, just don't use it everyday, because it will dry out the skin too much and can cause other problems.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
I've found the best way is to use colloidal silver on a cotton pad then dab dry with paper towel on wrinkles/ nose rope,also colloidal silver on tail pocket dab dry and apply gold bond powder ,it's surprising how a mucky tail pocket affects all aspects of a bulldog ,also thornit powder is good for ears/skin to eradicate ear mites as ear mites can roam all over the body

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
My husband used a colloidal silver product on his feet several years ago. He got athletes foot in Viet Nam and this has been the only cure. So we used it on Charley's red tear stains several years ago and they have never come back. Now if I were just brave enough to use it in his yeasty ears! I'm not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online