Taking Puppy to the Groomer

singingintherain

May 7, 2014
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Pumba just turned 10 weeks old today (hooray!), but I am noticing that his nails are getting too long. I used to cut the nails of my aunt's Bassett Hound with not much success when I was younger, so the thought of cutting Pumba's nails now is something I dread. The breeder also warned me that Pumba hates getting his nails done.

I want to take Pumba to the groomer, but I am nervous of taking him since he is not complete with shots. For those who take their babies to the groomer, when did you first start taking them? And am I just being a paranoid bully mommy? 😞

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I wouldn't take him to a groomer, before his shots are finished-not worth the chance. Have the vet cut his nails when he goes for his next shot if you don't want to do it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree don't take him to the groomers, the vet would be a safer thing when you take him for his next shots.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no groomer yet... wait till after all the shots

OP
singingintherain

singingintherain

May 7, 2014
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Thanks everyone! I didn't know I can get his nails clipped at the vet so I will do that 😊

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.