Acne....

ruckiesMOMMY

May 24, 2014
My OEB seems to have lumps on his chin and one on his upper lip.... they look like acne. Is this common?
yhunate5.jpg

GuidoMarmo

May 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gemini, Guido, Marmo
Yes, acne is a common thing for bullies especially in the summer. I try and wipe their faces after drinking and eating and wash them up more often as well. Keeping their cutie pie faces dry is helpful. If you are concerned or they get infected check in with your vet.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes, acne is a common thing for bullies especially in the summer. I try and wipe their faces after drinking and eating and wash them up more often as well. Keeping their cutie pie faces dry is helpful. If you are concerned or they get infected check in with your vet.

Thanks for the information.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Couple of other tips to help with chin acne, use stainless steel or ceramic bowls only, and wash the bowls after each meal. You can also use a facial toner, stridex pads or witch hazel on the areas to help remove access dirt and bacteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
gang has you covered.... I use stainless steel bowls, wipe chin and clean with witch hazel,..... no acne to be found

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
As it's been said, it's common. My little guy has it and vet said not to worry to much unless it flares up than he'll put Opie on some antibiotics.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.