Best non spill water bowl?

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
Hello everyone, my lovely Tank drinks water and leaves water trails all over the place and it drives my roommates crazy! What can I do? Please help! any water bowl to prevent that?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10647]amelyza[/MENTION] I don't know of a water bowl that would prevent that, because he is not spilling, he is drooling/splashing. That is part of being a bulldog! They do have those "lick water bottles" but I don't think he would get enough water that way. Maybe if you got a real deep bowl (that he could still reach in) I get heavy glass bowls(not made for dogs..) and that is what I use for water. Maybe it wouldn't splash and get as much on the floor. Or you could put a couple of large thick towels under the bowl, so they would absorb the water. Just have to change towels every day. Someone else may have a better solution. The water doesn't bother me-good thing!:yes:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am not sure about no-splash bowls. Bulldogs tend to be a bit messy when drinking so we have an absorbent mat or towel under Frank's bowl and that works well so I don't have to keep constantly mopping up after him.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with everyone's answers that it's probably not so much the bowl, but more the drooling and dripping from Tanks mouth after he's drank water. The towel or mat under the mat will help if any water is spilling from the bowl, and you can also dry his mouth and chin after he drinks. I dont know of any bowls that are spill proof, We use a pet water cooler with a filter in it, buts some water still gets on the floor when they drink, and I have a rubber mat under the water cooler. I think it's just a bully thing and other than minimizing the mess by putting something under the bowl, and drying their mouths, it just goes with the territory. Lol. Or you could just keep a mop handy lol. :sweep:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I literally have dozens of towels on the kitchen floor b/c of all the water/drool from my boys when they drink. I also have a plastic tarp (actually it's a trash bag), with a towel over that,
underneath the bowl itself to protect the floor. But yeah, I'm constantly getting up to wipe their mouths after they drink. Sometimes I just sit there on the floor as they drink so i don't have to keep getting up from my chair and running to the kitchen to clean up the mess!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I leave a towel next to the bowl.... as others have said - it is not spilling,,, they take the water with them

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
Thank you all! I do have a big mat under his bowl but it is not enough! I'll let you know if I ever find a solution!
yhe4yseh.jpg

Apr 24, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I use the puppy pads under the water dish. It absorbs all drool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
I'm a neat freak and the easiest solution I have is that when I hear Dually drinking I stand behind him and wait until he's done then I give his face and chin a quick wipe with a facecloth. That way he is not carrying the excess water around with him.

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
That is what I do but it is a lot of work! Thanks for the input.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.