Help Needed: Bulldog Daily Cleaning

princebronco

Jun 29, 2014
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronco
Hi I have been reading up on facial wiping for bullies and have a couple questions. I currently use target unscented baby wipes for my bullys face wiping.

Seems to be alot of talk about witch hazel and duoxo pads. I have never heard of either? Which one is better for wiping facial wrinkles?

Also, what is the proper way to use witch hazel and the brand that is most commonly used?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just buy the 99 cent bottle of witch hazel, I use cotton balls to apply it. :). Douxo pads are for stubborn wrinkles, they have antibacterial and anti fungal medicines in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We just use the cheap withc hazel as well and we buy chlorohexidine by the gallon as it is much cheaper.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I just use water and vinegar to my boy and that works fine as well :D.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We use clx wipes 😊

:faint: I keep seeing this and the first thing that comes to my mind is Clorox wipes, not Chlorahexidine wipes! :rofl:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I use witch hazel for more routine upkeep since it is so cheap. It is easy to find at most stores with first aid section/astringents. I use Thayer's but there are other brands as well.

When the folds look really bad or have a lot of gunk, I will use the douxo pads.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We use witch hazel once a week -its used as a human face toner and very easy to find and twice a day warm water and dry wrinkles afterwards -so far year and 3 months later Lilly wrinkles are still clean

OP
P

princebronco

Jun 29, 2014
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronco
ok so witch hazel it is...what is the proper way to use witch hazel? soak a cloth in some water and witch hazel and wipe down? just want to make sure I am doing the right thing

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ok so witch hazel it is...what is the proper way to use witch hazel? soak a cloth in some water and witch hazel and wipe down? just want to make sure I am doing the right thing

I squirt on cotton pads and wipe the wrinkles, under tail, etc

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Straight witch hazel is not going to hurt them at all. It also dries very quickly so you shouldn't have to reclean them after wiping

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Ha! I read cox as Clorox too, oops. I use make up and baby wipes. My vet recommended stridex pads but after one wipe, he runs like I'm about to light him on fire. When I shared that she said yes it can sting and said to use the make up and baby wipes. Canelo lets me do his face with minimal issues. I also clean his tail pocket with them, he likes that, I tell myself because it's itchy and he can't scratch it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oops the pst above is attached to the wrong thread and I can't seem to delete it. So sorry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sharon can you tell me which thread you wanted it on, I'll move it over there :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.