The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Can't say that I have. We always use epsom salt soaks to get rid of them.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am not familiar with using desitin on interdigital cysts, but luckily we haven't had to deal with them. As was mentioned, I think Epsom salt soaks are common. Another member has mentioned using Vetericyn spray too, which I know has helped us a ton when dealing with hot spots.

Interdigital cysts are often caused by allergies, so you may want to try Benedryl too if you haven't already, 1mg per pound up to 3x a day.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I'd be afraid the dog would lick the paw. Desitin probably has zinc as well as a steroid in it which wouldn't be good for a dog to ingest. I've recently dealt with infected hair follicles on the paws and also use Epsom salts to soak them 2 or 3X a day until healed. I also spray colloidal silver on them if the rupture. It's safe for them to lick, it's antibacterial and it heals quickly. It's my new favorite skin care weapon. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not deist in, but I have heard of people using perpetration H

OP
Tysonbully

Tysonbully

Sep 8, 2013
Rome, NY
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Ok. I was hoping to add a "barrier" because he licks them raw and won't sit still to let me soak them. Ho-hum..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Most likely, whatever you put on he will lick off. Soaking or Vetericyn spray or gel.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Maybe try putting some socks over his feet? Especially if you are there to make sure he keeps them on? I have also seen people use socks with straps that go over the back to keep the socks on.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online