Help!

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
So I went out of town this weekend and left Hercules with a friend. well today as he's laying on me, I notice there's something in his ear, well I go to clean it and it's like the inside of his ear is peeling!!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So I went out of town this weekend and left Hercules with a friend. well today as he's laying on me, I notice there's something in his ear, well I go to clean it and it's like the inside of his ear is peeling!!!!

is it like a sun burn peel?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Probably dried wax.... happens to Banks a lot. Wipe it out with some witch hazel

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It could just be dry skin in his ear, or maybe it's a bit of wax buildup? Try cleaning his ears with a ear cleaner, or just use equal parts of hydrogen peroxide, distilled water, and a drop or two of rubbing alcohol. See if there is some wax or if its just dry skin, and if it doesn't improve or seems red, he could have a ear infection, and then I would take him to the vet to have it checked out. I hope it's nothing serious, and he's okay.

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
There's no redness and he does have some ear wax build up. I cleaned it out with ear wipes so I'm hoping it clears.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Hopefully it's nothing serious. Maybe just some dry skin.

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] haha I know I was on a little vacation from EBN but I'm back :)

And I cleaned them Thursday before I left on my trip, along with giving him a bath. I'm hoping it is dry skin. I'm sure everyone here feels the same when their fur babies are sick and having to take them to the vet.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Nice to see you back :D As the other members said and hopefully it is o.k. now you have cleaned it up and can keep an eye on it. I am sure he was super excited to see you again.