Tail pockets

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
Any tips on infected tail pockets. I have had Reggie at the vets and he is on Antibiotics and Anti inflammatories. I have been told to bathe the sore area in a little salt water, thoroughly dry then apply Sudocrem. I can hardly get up there, he has such a tight tail 😥

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Some are really deep, just keeping it dry is a chore. I hope it heals quickly.;)

Beckyboo

May 31, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie
My Madison suffers the same, its extremely painful for her so this year we are taking the very hard decision to have her tail removed after years of battling with it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this with Reggie, and just wanted to say I hope the medication and salt water works and he heals quickly. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with tail pockets, as my guys don't have them, but you have been given great advice already, and I'm sure somebody with experience with tail pockets will come along with more suggestions. Is this Reggie's first infection, or does he suffer from them often? There are a few members on here who have had this problem, and they have had their bullies tails removed to stop the infection problems.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sometimes when they have chronic tail infections, it's better to have surgery on it. We did Lucy's 3 years ago and that was the best thing we ever did for her.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I use malaket wipes nightly to clean Ruckus's tail. It's a lot easier to clean out during bathtime, because it sits tight to his body, so I use the chlorexidine shampoo just for his tail. We had a scare once when it got red and inflamed, so I make sure to clean it nightly and it stays infection free and healthy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online