Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found a great cure for tear stains!

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bosco
    Likes (Received)

Default Found a great cure for tear stains!

After trying many things on the market, a friend recommended Cranimals Gold for tear stains. She told me she had a white boxer with major tear stain issues and said that somebody at a local pet store recommended it, and within a month her boxer's tear stains were gone! I was skeptical about this and put off trying it because Cranimals Gold is marketed as an antioxidant/general supplement rather than a tear stain cure.

But Bosco's tear stains were looking pretty bad so I bought this about a week and a half ago and have noticed a DRASTIC improvement already. His tear stains have lightened significantly! It's about $20 for a bag and it's a powder you put on top of food - about a teaspoon or two a day.

So happy I found this! Definitely worth trying!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Found a great cure for tear stains!

Quote Originally Posted by BoscosMom View Post
    After trying many things on the market, a friend recommended Cranimals Gold for tear stains. She told me she had a white boxer with major tear stain issues and said that somebody at a local pet store recommended it, and within a month her boxer's tear stains were gone! I was skeptical about this and put off trying it because Cranimals Gold is marketed as an antioxidant/general supplement rather than a tear stain cure.

But Bosco's tear stains were looking pretty bad so I bought this about a week and a half ago and have noticed a DRASTIC improvement already. His tear stains have lightened significantly! It's about $20 for a bag and it's a powder you put on top of food - about a teaspoon or two a day.

So happy I found this! Definitely worth trying!
    Wow, I've never heard of it, what are the ingredients?

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    was about to ask the same thing . thanks for posting! i'll google it ^^.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bosco
    Likes (Received)

The ingredients are all natural - mainly cranberry and seaweed meal. I believe it's a local Vancouver, BC company that makes it, so I don't think many stores carry it. I just bought it from Amazon.

I'll post before and after pics in a couple weeks when hopefully they're completely gone.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BoscosMom View Post
    The ingredients are all natural - mainly cranberry and seaweed meal. I believe it's a local Vancouver, BC company that makes it, so I don't think many stores carry it. I just bought it from Amazon.

I'll post before and after pics in a couple weeks when hopefully they're completely gone.
    I must check this out! Thank you for posting!

Country
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

ingredients looks good and claimed to be organic. they also donate some of the profits to rescues and dog cancer research. if it's true, it's a good product to support in my opinion.

And just as i thought, it's not available here! It's available in Holland but not in Germany! we're just neighbors! hmmm i should email them lol.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@dieMuttivonBifi Bifi's tear stains aren't that bad are they?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi this is great information, thanks for sharing. My male Dozer doesn't have any tear stains, but he also doesn't have any allergy issues. His sister Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, and we did 4 food switches before we found a food that she tolerates and doesn't cause allergy issues, like paw licking, red paws, pink face and chin, pink warm ears, and itchiness. We feed both our guys Fromm's Beef Frittata grain free and they're doing really well on it. Blossom has a little bit of tear stains, but not too bad, but I'll have to see if I can find Cranimals Gold here. Whereabouts are you located in Canada? I'm in Burlington Ontario.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

@pdolphin27 well it's tolerable to look at now coz it used to be really dark. but Buster doesn't even have tear stains! lol. why you interested in getting them?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dieMuttivonBifi View Post
    @pdolphin27 well it's tolerable to look at now coz it used to be really dark. but Buster doesn't even have tear stains! lol. why you interested in getting them?
    HAHAHA! Touche! It's an all natural thing, it would be good to try out might save some $$ on Duoxo pads. IMHO I think it's all in the food you feed and all of these products are just a band aid instead of getting to the root of the issue. I would definitely use this product before I would EVER give my dog Angels Eye's that stuff is a joke.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing this! Tate's tear stains and facial wrinkles are quite rusty and just yesterday at the Vet's, we got an rx for mupirocin ointment (antibacterial). She wants me to apply it on the folds every other day. I will check out this supplement also !

Country
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

HAHAHA! Touche! It's an all natural thing, it would be good to try out might save some $$ on Duoxo pads. IMHO I think it's all in the food you feed and all of these products are just a band aid instead of getting to the root of the issue. I would definitely use this product before I would EVER give my dog Angels Eye's that stuff is a joke.
    We're on the very same page! Very well said! That's why i treat Bifi's tear stains with just vinegar and water solution. not only is it economical but i also know i am not doing any damage to his health. Also the reason why, like you, i was very interested in the ingredients first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads