Found a great cure for tear stains!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm in Vancouver - Cranimals is a local company so there are quite a few pet shops selling it. But I didn't know that and just bought it online from amazon!

Bosco's on Fromm Pork and Peas and his tear stains were really bad - especially under the eye where the fur is white. This was $20 well spent!

Busters on pork N peas too but Spring brings this stuff on, by the end of June he clears right up. Buying some off Amazon, thank you;)

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh that is great I have got to get some for my boy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
We're on the very same page! Very well said!:yes: That's why i treat Bifi's tear stains with just vinegar and water solution. not only is it economical but i also know i am not doing any damage to his health. Also the reason why, like you, i was very interested in the ingredients first.

Ugh How m

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
We're on the very same page! Very well said!:yes: That's why i treat Bifi's tear stains with just vinegar and water solution. not only is it economical but i also know i am not doing any damage to his health. Also the reason why, like you, i was very interested in the ingredients first.

I mean how much ? Equal parts vinigar and water ?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Yes equal parts vinegar and water, maybe just a bit more water then vinegar it's very strong.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Yes equal parts vinegar and water, maybe just a bit more water then vinegar it's very strong.

Ok thanks , I have been using the peroxide and destin , I can see a difference but they are still bad so I'm gonna do the vinegar and water tonight see if there is any difference .

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

I just estimate it about 5-10% vinegar and rest is water, if you think it's still too strong just add more water :). I highly recommend it too because it does work. Though i would love to try this Cranimals if only it's available here.

B

Baxter Tiberius

I would be apprehensive to give anything internal that is supposed to change the color of the fluids secreted from the dogs eyes, just for a cosmetic change.
There are more natural things you can do to completely stop the tear stains. Namely, changing the diet to something that doesn't promote them.
Baxter has been on Farm Fresh foods (which is basically chicken or beef with veggies and healthy oils mixed together) and has never had a tear stain.
Except the one time I switched him to iron-rich organ meats when we were trying "raw".
I guess I would go this route before I would ever put more stuff in his body that has a strange effect like bleaching body fluids. But im skeptical, despite the ingredient list looking harmless.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Ok thanks , I have been using the peroxide and destin , I can see a difference but they are still bad so I'm gonna do the vinegar and water tonight see if there is any difference .

i use a Desitin like cream too after wiping my boy's face with water and vinegar solution.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.