Found a great cure for tear stains!

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
After trying many things on the market, a friend recommended Cranimals Gold for tear stains. She told me she had a white boxer with major tear stain issues and said that somebody at a local pet store recommended it, and within a month her boxer's tear stains were gone! I was skeptical about this and put off trying it because Cranimals Gold is marketed as an antioxidant/general supplement rather than a tear stain cure.

But Bosco's tear stains were looking pretty bad so I bought this about a week and a half ago and have noticed a DRASTIC improvement already. His tear stains have lightened significantly! It's about $20 for a bag and it's a powder you put on top of food - about a teaspoon or two a day.

So happy I found this! Definitely worth trying!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
After trying many things on the market, a friend recommended Cranimals Gold for tear stains. She told me she had a white boxer with major tear stain issues and said that somebody at a local pet store recommended it, and within a month her boxer's tear stains were gone! I was skeptical about this and put off trying it because Cranimals Gold is marketed as an antioxidant/general supplement rather than a tear stain cure.

But Bosco's tear stains were looking pretty bad so I bought this about a week and a half ago and have noticed a DRASTIC improvement already. His tear stains have lightened significantly! It's about $20 for a bag and it's a powder you put on top of food - about a teaspoon or two a day.

So happy I found this! Definitely worth trying!

Wow, I've never heard of it, what are the ingredients?

OP
BoscosMom

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Wow, I've never heard of it, what are the ingredients?

The ingredients are all natural - mainly cranberry and seaweed meal. I believe it's a local Vancouver, BC company that makes it, so I don't think many stores carry it. I just bought it from Amazon.

I'll post before and after pics in a couple weeks when hopefully they're completely gone.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The ingredients are all natural - mainly cranberry and seaweed meal. I believe it's a local Vancouver, BC company that makes it, so I don't think many stores carry it. I just bought it from Amazon.

I'll post before and after pics in a couple weeks when hopefully they're completely gone.

:up::up::up: I must check this out! Thank you for posting!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
ingredients looks good and claimed to be organic. they also donate some of the profits to rescues and dog cancer research. if it's true, it's a good product to support :) in my opinion.

And just as i thought, it's not available here! :facepalm2: It's available in Holland but not in Germany! we're just neighbors! hmmm i should email them lol.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION] Bifi's tear stains aren't that bad are they?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi this is great information, thanks for sharing. My male Dozer doesn't have any tear stains, but he also doesn't have any allergy issues. His sister Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, and we did 4 food switches before we found a food that she tolerates and doesn't cause allergy issues, like paw licking, red paws, pink face and chin, pink warm ears, and itchiness. We feed both our guys Fromm's Beef Frittata grain free and they're doing really well on it. Blossom has a little bit of tear stains, but not too bad, but I'll have to see if I can find Cranimals Gold here. Whereabouts are you located in Canada? I'm in Burlington Ontario.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@pdolphin27 well it's tolerable to look at now coz it used to be really dark. but Buster doesn't even have tear stains! lol. why you interested in getting them?:tongue::tongue::tongue:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@pdolphin27 well it's tolerable to look at now coz it used to be really dark. but Buster doesn't even have tear stains! lol. why you interested in getting them?:tongue::tongue::tongue:

HAHAHA! Touche! It's an all natural thing, it would be good to try out might save some $$ on Duoxo pads. :D IMHO I think it's all in the food you feed and all of these products are just a band aid instead of getting to the root of the issue. I would definitely use this product before I would EVER give my dog Angels Eye's that stuff is a joke.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you for sharing this! Tate's tear stains and facial wrinkles are quite rusty and just yesterday at the Vet's, we got an rx for mupirocin ointment (antibacterial). She wants me to apply it on the folds every other day. I will check out this supplement also !

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
HAHAHA! Touche! It's an all natural thing, it would be good to try out might save some $$ on Duoxo pads. :D IMHO I think it's all in the food you feed and all of these products are just a band aid instead of getting to the root of the issue. I would definitely use this product before I would EVER give my dog Angels Eye's that stuff is a joke.

We're on the very same page! Very well said!:yes: That's why i treat Bifi's tear stains with just vinegar and water solution. not only is it economical but i also know i am not doing any damage to his health. Also the reason why, like you, i was very interested in the ingredients first.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Thank you for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
See....and I heard somewhere that cranberries in food can cause tear stains. Interesting.

OP
BoscosMom

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Hi this is great information, thanks for sharing. My male Dozer doesn't have any tear stains, but he also doesn't have any allergy issues. His sister Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, and we did 4 food switches before we found a food that she tolerates and doesn't cause allergy issues, like paw licking, red paws, pink face and chin, pink warm ears, and itchiness. We feed both our guys Fromm's Beef Frittata grain free and they're doing really well on it. Blossom has a little bit of tear stains, but not too bad, but I'll have to see if I can find Cranimals Gold here. Whereabouts are you located in Canada? I'm in Burlington Ontario.

I'm in Vancouver - Cranimals is a local company so there are quite a few pet shops selling it. But I didn't know that and just bought it online from amazon!

Bosco's on Fromm Pork and Peas and his tear stains were really bad - especially under the eye where the fur is white. This was $20 well spent!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.