Getting Rid of Pee Smell on my Dog's Fur Between Baths????

yecats

Jun 17, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs
So Chubbs pees in his bed and then lays in it, and there's nothing we can seem to do to get him to stop. Is there anything we can use that actually works and is safe to wipe down or spray on him to get rid of the pee smell??

We wash the blanket he pees on everyday, but we can't take him for a bath everyday and he really stinks up the house. It's gross!!! Help me please :(

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I have 2 puppy's and I bought a product that neutralises wee odour smells. I put it in a water spray bottle and when theres an accident it works wonders. It was very cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I use antibacterial/unscented baby wipes to give Bocephus quick wipe downs between baths. They also sell dry shampoo for dogs (Amazon is great) they are primarily the same as waterless bath sprays. You can find a few at Walmart if you want to see what they smell like.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I used unscented baby wipes on Dooley when he was a puppy and was doing this in his kennel. Worked pretty well from what I remember.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Vinegar and water solution is a great way in neutralizing smells and is very safe for your baby. I used it on my boy the other day when a neighbor's dog peed on his head. It works. Hope it helps :).

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Baby wipes or dry doggie shampoo work pretty well. Walmart sell the dry shampoo and it smells pretty good.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi. It looks like everyone has you covered for products that will clean and get rid of the smell. Does he pee only at night when in the crate, or is it all the time? If he's just peeing at night, you can try taking him out just before you go to bed at night, in our house its usually the last person to go to bed takes them out, sometimes it's 11:00 or 12:00, and on the weekends it can be 2:00 sometimes. Lol. We also take away their water around 8:00 or 9:00. Also some bullies will pee on their bedding, and once the bedding is removed, they don't pee in their bed anymore. Some other members have had this experience, and have taken out the bedding, pillows or blankets with success. Our guys don't sleep with any bedding in their crates, because they eat anything soft, like stuffies, pillows, blankets, and towels.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Vinegar and water solution is a great way in neutralizing smells and is very safe for your baby. I used it on my boy the other day when a neighbor's dog peed on his head. It works. Hope it helps :).

Nice neighborhood doggie eh?!! Bifi is probably glad the playmate was over… LOL

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] ugh it was so rude! It was on the morning of Bifi's birthday! And Bifi just took a bath the day before! Well i cant complain because i know the dog and the owner hehe and the dog is double the size of Bifi. Oh well guess its his way of greeting and blessing Bifi on his special day lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep --- unscented baby wipes.

MicheMcCallister

May 2, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sprocket
I use Freshana Organic Solutions organic/natural odor and pet cleaner. Can't remember the name of the exact product off the top of my head but it's on their website. Totally gets rid of smells. Love the stuff. The website is Freshana.com

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online