Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tear Stains - TIps please?

Default Re: Tear Stains - TIps please?

Someone told me put some talk in just a bit too help it dry and stop irritation while I find the right balance with food. I have my other dog on James Wellbeloved so I think I will be trying that. Shame this is the only food she seems to have not farted on lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

It may be food related or it may be environmental. Ace as a pup had tear stains too, I too tried everything. I hit the right food or else he grew out of it, or both. In the meantime keep the wrinkles clean. I wipe everyday, usually with just a damp rag or paper towel and dry with a paper towel or toilet tissue or kleenex tissue, you get the point. Sometimes if it gets raw looking I will use peroxide on a tissue and dry as well. And also at times I have used witch hazel to clean. I have also applied after cleaning either Desitin or Bag Balm if it gets really red and angry looking. Main thing is getting the diet best you can and keeping the wrinkles clean. Ace doesn't have them now, but I stay on top of it as well and he seems to tolerate most food though I feed Whole Earth Farms which he seems to like and tolerate well. Also remember to give it time to clear up, even if your doing the right things and right food it will take a little time for the red stained hair to dissipate and new hair to take its place. You will find a fix for this and it will look great before long

Hopefully! Feel sorry for her. Thanks for the info and comment

Using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

I switched food to grain free and also filtered water at the same time and that made June's stains go away. Not sure which helped, or if it was the combination..

Thats currently what im going to do. Hopefully we see a change

Using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fletcher
    Likes (Received)

Do update us- I'm having the same issue with my 18 wk old male.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

I can't seem to rid poor Sebastian of the tear stains either , still trying everything but I am thinking allergies . Yesterday he woke up all pink in the face so I gave him Benadryl and he looked better but the the tear stains never seem to get better almost sometimes then they are bad again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily and Daisy
    Likes (Received)

I've been using Bert's Bees for Dogs Tear Stain Remover with complete success. No more tear stains! It took a few weeks, but the tear stains vanished. I drip both sides of a cotton round wipe, then use a side on each tear stain. I gently wipe up, down and back and forth. Daisy likes it just fine. I do it once a day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads