Mr - T

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Leon is terrible when having to cut his nails or check his feet. I feel like knocking him out like they did to Mr - T from the A Team.
Any tips or advice is very welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using IOS 7.1

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The only thing that made any difference with us is to use treats while we're doing it, we use a dremel and he's become used to it. It's something you really have to stick with but eventually he will understand.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They are so much easier to use, honestly. They round off the nail and don't leave any jagged edges. Buster refused to let us use the clippers on him and now with the dremel most of the time he'll lay down while we do it.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Have a groomer do it. Meatball will run for the hills if I try to do his nails. Take him to the groomer and he sits like an angel for her. I pay my 3.00 and go on my merry way. Amazing what Meatball will let the groomer do.

OP
Leon van houkje

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
I've never had to clip any of my other dogs nails. They just stayed short from walking them but Leon's grow really quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using IOS 7.1

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
They are so much easier to use, honestly. They round off the nail and don't leave any jagged edges. Buster refused to let us use the clippers on him and now with the dremel most of the time he'll lay down while we do it.

What type of dremel do you use? I'm thinking of purchasing one as Dually hates the clippers and won't let me clip his nails.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What type of dremel do you use? I'm thinking of purchasing one as Dually hates the clippers and won't let me clip his nails.

We've got the Pedi Paws bought It at Petsmart, works good.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.