ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
How else could I correct this if its yeast? or how would i know for sure? I will switch over to filtered water and see if it helps. I am feeding her fromms. should i change that? or maybe her treats?

You need to keep it dry, which is difficult because it's after they drink. I would keep the collar off unless you take them outside, wipe the neck down (when you can) after drinking. It COULD be food or allergy related… does her paws look the same? Red, yeasty looking? I switched Winston on several different proteins on Fromms… Beef, pork seemed to be better for him than chicken.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
You need to keep it dry, which is difficult because it's after they drink. I would keep the collar off unless you take them outside, wipe the neck down (when you can) after drinking. It COULD be food or allergy related… does her paws look the same? Red, yeasty looking? I switched Winston on several different proteins on Fromms… Beef, pork seemed to be better for him than chicken.

well now that you say that they do look a tad dirty-redish. however thought allergies dont start till 2-3 months later? we first noticed her neck about a month after getting her. when we got her she was eating diamond. she is on fromms puppy right now. we tried giving her beef fritatta and she hated it. would she still show signs a month after starting this food? if so what flavor should i switch her too

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Hmm..if peroxide isn't getting it out, i'm doubting it's blood.
Could it be the the pink from the collar running into the fur? It almost looks pink around the fur edges.

its more browny red looking. i dont think its the color from the collar. its really dark. i starting to get really nevous that someting is rather wrong than me just thinking it was a stain. :nope:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
well now that you say that they do look a tad dirty-redish. however thought allergies dont start till 2-3 months later? we first noticed her neck about a month after getting her. when we got her she was eating diamond. she is on fromms puppy right now. we tried giving her beef fritatta and she hated it. would she still show signs a month after starting this food? if so what flavor should i switch her too

Allergies can crop up at anytime unfortunately… I would try the pork, that seem to work out great for other members. You don't have to do a slow transition if you use the Fromm's. Also watch your treats, I would go for grain free and be mindful of the proteins that you are using.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Allergies can crop up at anytime unfortunately… I would try the pork, that seem to work out great for other members. You don't have to do a slow transition if you use the Fromm's. Also watch your treats, I would go for grain free and be mindful of the proteins that you are using.

thank u. i think u were right about the yeast... now i looked further into it. when we first got her she must hasve had it. because i remeber bringing her home n thinking her wrinkles were bleeding because in ther folds it looks red rusty looking

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
thank u. i think u were right about the yeast... now i looked further into it. when we first got her she must hasve had it. because i remeber bringing her home n thinking her wrinkles were bleeding because in ther folds it looks red rusty looking

Absolutely… glad I could help ;)

Most bullies have issues w/yeast, I copied a thread on your yeast post that should give you plenty of info on it. Good luck, and keep us posted!!!

Members online

No members online now.