Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 21 of 21

Thread: Anything get off dry blood?

  1. #13
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    That looks like yeast area to me… Winston would get this around his collar as well. I would remove the collar while he is home, and try to keep his neck dry after drinking water. You would try using filtered water, some people have had luck w/that as well. I changed Winston's food and that seemed to help a lot.
    How else could I correct this if its yeast? or how would i know for sure? I will switch over to filtered water and see if it helps. I am feeding her fromms. should i change that? or maybe her treats?


  2. #14
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    Maybe the collar has caused a hot spots . Id she is scratching it like crazy. Although usually the staining around hot spots is combo blood and saliva and I doubt she could lick that. If it were me I would give her a benedryll is she is scratching it like crazy leave the collar off and try to keep ot clean and dry without irritating it . I wouldn't worry about the staining so much as the under lying issue. Also if her nails are sharp after they are trimmed dremmel them or have them dremmelled
    ive never heard of this. how would i know if it is? And ever since the collar has been off she only scratches once in awhile. when she is sleeping on her back i always check the spot out and it doesnt look like there is any scab underneath but it could have healed since this has happened weeks ago. but i have noticed (although i am not 100% sure it wasnt like this before) that the hair is a little shorter than her fur, kind of like its balding in a way but yet its not bald. I wish i could explain it without confusing anybody but im confused myself.


  3. #15
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Hmm..if peroxide isn't getting it out, i'm doubting it's blood.
    Could it be the the pink from the collar running into the fur? It almost looks pink around the fur edges.


  4. #16
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    How else could I correct this if its yeast? or how would i know for sure? I will switch over to filtered water and see if it helps. I am feeding her fromms. should i change that? or maybe her treats?
    You need to keep it dry, which is difficult because it's after they drink. I would keep the collar off unless you take them outside, wipe the neck down (when you can) after drinking. It COULD be food or allergy related… does her paws look the same? Red, yeasty looking? I switched Winston on several different proteins on Fromms… Beef, pork seemed to be better for him than chicken.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  5. #17
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    You need to keep it dry, which is difficult because it's after they drink. I would keep the collar off unless you take them outside, wipe the neck down (when you can) after drinking. It COULD be food or allergy related… does her paws look the same? Red, yeasty looking? I switched Winston on several different proteins on Fromms… Beef, pork seemed to be better for him than chicken.
    well now that you say that they do look a tad dirty-redish. however thought allergies dont start till 2-3 months later? we first noticed her neck about a month after getting her. when we got her she was eating diamond. she is on fromms puppy right now. we tried giving her beef fritatta and she hated it. would she still show signs a month after starting this food? if so what flavor should i switch her too


  6. #18
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Hmm..if peroxide isn't getting it out, i'm doubting it's blood.
    Could it be the the pink from the collar running into the fur? It almost looks pink around the fur edges.
    its more browny red looking. i dont think its the color from the collar. its really dark. i starting to get really nevous that someting is rather wrong than me just thinking it was a stain.


  7. #19
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    well now that you say that they do look a tad dirty-redish. however thought allergies dont start till 2-3 months later? we first noticed her neck about a month after getting her. when we got her she was eating diamond. she is on fromms puppy right now. we tried giving her beef fritatta and she hated it. would she still show signs a month after starting this food? if so what flavor should i switch her too
    Allergies can crop up at anytime unfortunately… I would try the pork, that seem to work out great for other members. You don't have to do a slow transition if you use the Fromm's. Also watch your treats, I would go for grain free and be mindful of the proteins that you are using.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  8. #20
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Allergies can crop up at anytime unfortunately… I would try the pork, that seem to work out great for other members. You don't have to do a slow transition if you use the Fromm's. Also watch your treats, I would go for grain free and be mindful of the proteins that you are using.

    thank u. i think u were right about the yeast... now i looked further into it. when we first got her she must hasve had it. because i remeber bringing her home n thinking her wrinkles were bleeding because in ther folds it looks red rusty looking


  9. #21
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Anything get off dry blood?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    thank u. i think u were right about the yeast... now i looked further into it. when we first got her she must hasve had it. because i remeber bringing her home n thinking her wrinkles were bleeding because in ther folds it looks red rusty looking
    Absolutely… glad I could help

    Most bullies have issues w/yeast, I copied a thread on your yeast post that should give you plenty of info on it. Good luck, and keep us posted!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •