4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Ok so I have noticed a pattern forming after Dooley has a bath, which isnt very often. After I dry him off Ill take a dry towel and clean around and under his tail real good. He seems to like this due to the fact he stands still and moans until I am done cleaning his tail area. Anyways he seems in a fair amount of discomfort several hours after. He will sit then get back up, turn around like he is trying to see his butt then sit again. He does this repeatedly for hours. This morning he was scooting across the floor. I just had his glands expressed so I know they are clean. Usually after a day or so he stops. Anyone have an idea what is going on here?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be that you did not get all the water and he is getting and irritation, which is itchy. Try some witch hazel on a cottoned to clean it... It is a self drying agent so it should help

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Did you take a look in and around the tail area for any redness or sores? Maybe you can rub a little Desitin in there if you don't see any open wound; it could be there's some mild irritation, like a diaper rash.

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Oh man why didnt I think about which hazel, and I have a bottle too. :bang: and I did check for redness or anything out the ordinary and everything looks good. Like I said, he does this after every bath but goes away after a day or so. The last time I took him to the vet for an examination and typical by the time we got there he was acting normal.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh man why didnt I think about which hazel, and I have a bottle too. :bang: and I did check for redness or anything out the ordinary and everything looks good. Like I said, he does this after every bath but goes away after a day or so. The last time I took him to the vet for an examination and typical by the time we got there he was acting normal.

MLAO.... Sometimes the most obvious is hard to see.... After his bath, give a good wipe with the WH... See if it makes a difference

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.