Boogie Wipes

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Hey guys! I see that some of you use saline solution to clean wrinkles, what about boogie wipes? They are just saline wipes for kids noses but they smell delicious! And they work like magic! They have chamomile and aloe to moisturize too. I have some for my son, should I try them on my puppy? or should I play it safe and get some kind of all natural baby wipes? Price wise it is the same since I'd be using burt's bees or seventh gen wipes. All these chemicals skeeve me out.

I guess I could always just use baby washcloths and some of my wipe solution but what's the fun in that? I want something 'special' to use on my new puppy:D

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
For wrinkle cleaning you want to use something that is an astringent and doesn't leave the area moist when you are done cleaning as baby wipes and other types of wipes will leave the area moist and a breeding ground for yeast and such.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
So something like the MalAcetic wipes? When I googled the Clx wipes all the sites were in the UK

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi
I posted a thread about clx wipes. A lot of the guys make there own and there was tips on it. Try and dig it out

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we just use regular tissues on eyes, tear stains and the morning nose sniffles

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Good thing I asked I guess!
I found the thread! Is that okay to use daily? Do I need to wipe his folds daily? Or does that depend on the dog??

Sorry- I'm new to this as you can tell!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I do the eyes, folds, ears and tail pocket every other day, some people do once a week. You ll get a good guesstimate when you see the dirty marks on the wipes.

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
On jefferspet.com you can buy the Chlorhexidine Solution for $11.95 a gallon undiluted. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me :p

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
On jefferspet.com you can buy the Chlorhexidine Solution for $11.95 a gallon undiluted. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me :p

Not bad depending on the shipping. We get our off of Amazon and then just get the cotton makeup pads and make our own.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
We use hypoallergenic up scented baby wipes. Hey , if it is safe for a baby skin, it should be safe fir our bully too. We clean his wrinkles and his nose fold twice a day after eating.

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
We use hypoallergenic up scented baby wipes. Hey , if it is safe for a baby skin, it should be safe fir our bully too. We clean his wrinkles and his nose fold twice a day after eating.
Very true :) I use cloth wipes for my son. I cloth diaper so the cloth wipes just make it easier. I'll probably just get more and use them for my bully too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.