Thread: Tear stains magically gone, I suspect the water...

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Tear stains magically gone, I suspect the water...

Boeboe has always had more or less tear stains I thought it was cos of her Entropion at first but after her operations it didn't get better. I know some bulldogs just have tear stains and that's it... but I realize now with Boeboe that wasn't the case, and I feel like the worlds worst mom

I've noticed for a while that there is zero smell of chlorine from the water... which means someone at municipality is doing something more fun with the money than buying chlorine for the water tanks... again... Africa. Anyway, since that happened Boeboe's tear stains are COMPLETELY GONE! I've tried before to filter the water I give her but that didn't have any effect maybe I just wasn't doing it for long enough... I just feel so bad now. I guess if they start the chlorine again I'll give Boeboe bottled water or filter it... but I can't give it to only her knowing what I know now It's gonna be rough getting water for 7 dog in the African heat, lol, but they're worth it. And I guess I shouldn't drink the water either... crap, where is the world going when you can't even trust water? And also can I drink it and give it to the dogs now when there isn't anything in that kills potential "stuff"? It's so hard nowadays, it's like either things will kill you slowly or instantly... there is no other option. Apparently there is even question marks about the bottles you get purified water in... why must it be so hard and expensive to be healthy, it's like they're trying their best to make people sick Here's some pics of Boeboe's tear stain free face to lighten up the mood

-20140210_095156-jpg-20140210_095219-jpg-20140210_093101-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20140210_095219-jpg  
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tear stains magically gone, I suspect the water...

Something will get you in the end....

I feel almost sick sometimes when I can not even trust the vet to know what she's doing, can't start thinking about the water too, LOL. If there's no other chance in his enviroment, diet or drink it must be the water. She looks great, what ever it is!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Something will get you in the end....

I feel almost sick sometimes when I can not even trust the vet to know what she's doing, can't start thinking about the water too, LOL. If there's no other chance in his enviroment, diet or drink it must be the water. She looks great, what ever it is!
    Ja, it sucks when you don't know if a vet recommends something cos it's the best choice or because they make the most money on it... Nothing else has changed except for her Hip Dysplasia operation about 6 weeks ago... but that can't be it. I think you're ok regarding the water though You're from Finland right? I'm from Sweden but live in RSA. I think Scandinavia probably has some of the cleanest drinking water in the world
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone know if it would help to get one of those filters that you put on the faucet-such as a PUR filter? Never thought of it, until I read this post.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Yes, we're finnish and luckily we don't have to worry about the water. We all can almost drink from the same bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Ja, it sucks when you don't know if a vet recommends something cos it's the best choice or because they make the most money on it... Nothing else has changed except for her Hip Dysplasia operation about 6 weeks ago... but that can't be it. I think you're ok regarding the water though You're from Finland right? I'm from Sweden but live in RSA. I think Scandinavia probably has some of the cleanest drinking water in the world

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

I once saw a documentary about drinking water in Africa---how to kill most of the bacteria in the water cost-effectively. What they do is they fill water bottles and use the sun's heat to kill the impurities/bacterias/germs in the water. The woman who they used as an example for it, leaves her bottles on top of the roof for a day or two. They tested the water afterwards and it was about 90% (or more i forgot the exact percentage of how safe the water was,but i remember it being around 90%) safe for human consumption. I'm just putting it out there since you said you have 7 dogs to give water to .

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Does anyone know if it would help to get one of those filters that you put on the faucet-such as a PUR filter? Never thought of it, until I read this post.
    We bought one of those PUR filters from Home Depot that you just attach to the faucet. My bf watched something on TV about how plastic water bottles are bad for you. Anyways, we started filling up June's water bowl with the filtered water at the same time of switching to a new flavor of Fromms so we're not 100% sure the water made her stains go away, but i'm sure helped in some way!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member AceTheBathound's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eric
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ACE (The Bathound)
    Likes (Received)

Water def helps! I switched ace to purified water from the local watermill before I change his food and it made a difference in about 1 week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ace! Come here boy...
    Ace just stares

Remove Ads