Tear stains magically gone, I suspect the water...

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Boeboe has always had more or less tear stains:( I thought it was cos of her Entropion at first but after her operations it didn't get better. I know some bulldogs just have tear stains and that's it... but I realize now with Boeboe that wasn't the case, and I feel like the worlds worst mom:*(

I've noticed for a while that there is zero smell of chlorine from the water... which means someone at municipality is doing something more fun with the money than buying chlorine for the water tanks... again... Africa:mellow:. Anyway, since that happened Boeboe's tear stains are COMPLETELY GONE! I've tried before to filter the water I give her but that didn't have any effect:confused: maybe I just wasn't doing it for long enough... I just feel so bad now:ashamed:. I guess if they start the chlorine again I'll give Boeboe bottled water or filter it... but I can't give it to only her knowing what I know now:unsure: It's gonna be rough getting water for 7 dog in the African heat, lol, but they're worth it:heart:. And I guess I shouldn't drink the water either... crap, where is the world going when you can't even trust water?:moping: And also can I drink it and give it to the dogs now when there isn't anything in that kills potential "stuff"? It's so hard nowadays, it's like either things will kill you slowly or instantly... there is no other option:blink:. Apparently there is even question marks about the bottles you get purified water in... why must it be so hard and expensive to be healthy, it's like they're trying their best to make people sick:gloom: Here's some pics of Boeboe's tear stain free face to lighten up the mood:)

20140210_095156.jpg20140210_095219.jpg20140210_093101.jpg

Attachments

• 20140210_095219.jpg
    20140210_095219.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 140

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Something will get you in the end....

I feel almost sick sometimes when I can not even trust the vet to know what she's doing, can't start thinking about the water too, LOL. If there's no other chance in his enviroment, diet or drink it must be the water. She looks great, what ever it is!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Something will get you in the end....

I feel almost sick sometimes when I can not even trust the vet to know what she's doing, can't start thinking about the water too, LOL. If there's no other chance in his enviroment, diet or drink it must be the water. She looks great, what ever it is!

Ja, it sucks when you don't know if a vet recommends something cos it's the best choice or because they make the most money on it...:( Nothing else has changed except for her Hip Dysplasia operation about 6 weeks ago... but that can't be it. I think you're ok regarding the water though:) You're from Finland right? I'm from Sweden but live in RSA. I think Scandinavia probably has some of the cleanest drinking water in the world:)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Does anyone know if it would help to get one of those filters that you put on the faucet-such as a PUR filter? Never thought of it, until I read this post.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Yes, we're finnish and luckily we don't have to worry about the water. We all can almost drink from the same bowl...:D

Ja, it sucks when you don't know if a vet recommends something cos it's the best choice or because they make the most money on it...:( Nothing else has changed except for her Hip Dysplasia operation about 6 weeks ago... but that can't be it. I think you're ok regarding the water though:) You're from Finland right? I'm from Sweden but live in RSA. I think Scandinavia probably has some of the cleanest drinking water in the world:)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I once saw a documentary about drinking water in Africa---how to kill most of the bacteria in the water cost-effectively. What they do is they fill water bottles and use the sun's heat to kill the impurities/bacterias/germs in the water. The woman who they used as an example for it, leaves her bottles on top of the roof for a day or two. They tested the water afterwards and it was about 90% (or more i forgot the exact percentage of how safe the water was,but i remember it being around 90%) safe for human consumption. I'm just putting it out there since you said you have 7 dogs to give water to :).

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Does anyone know if it would help to get one of those filters that you put on the faucet-such as a PUR filter? Never thought of it, until I read this post.

We bought one of those PUR filters from Home Depot that you just attach to the faucet. My bf watched something on TV about how plastic water bottles are bad for you. Anyways, we started filling up June's water bowl with the filtered water at the same time of switching to a new flavor of Fromms so we're not 100% sure the water made her stains go away, but i'm sure helped in some way!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Water def helps! I switched ace to purified water from the local watermill before I change his food and it made a difference in about 1 week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.