EAR CLEANING

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Hi....forde recently had an ear infection.....i used the meds the dr gave me and it cleared up pretty quickly....i wipe his ears out usually about once a week with witch hazel pads......i'm curious if i can put a solution of witch hazel, or witch hazel mixed with something else once a month that will get down into his lower ear canal by using a squirt bottle and flush out any waxy gunk....i don't want to do anything that will harm him......any suggestions ? How do you keep your bullies ears clean?:d

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't know about mixing a solution with the witch hazel but I have a bottle of ear flushing drying solution that the vet gave me last year when Tate had an ear infection and a lot of waxy build up. I had to use it every couple of weeks for awhile and it kept his ears very clean.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
There's a solution they sell at the Pet Store that you put inside the dog's ear and let him shake it off. Then you wipe the ear with soft towel or cotton pads.

I've not had to use this for my EBs. Their ears stay pretty clean. I have a bichon that gets groomed once a month - the groomers clean his ears with the grooming, so I never had to do it for him either.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I soak a cotton ball with Malacetic Otic, squeeze it into his ear, rub it in, then wipe. He shakes whatever's left out.
We do this once a week.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is what I do.... once a month, I squirt some witch hazel in the ear, she shakes it all out. I also, wipe once a week or more if needed

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi and thank you all for the advice :)

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Hi....forde recently had an ear infection.....i used the meds the dr gave me and it cleared up pretty quickly....i wipe his ears out usually about once a week with witch hazel pads......i'm curious if i can put a solution of witch hazel, or witch hazel mixed with something else once a month that will get down into his lower ear canal by using a squirt bottle and flush out any waxy gunk....i don't want to do anything that will harm him......any suggestions ? How do you keep your bullies ears clean?:d

I came across the following video on You Tube and ran it past my Vet just to make sure and he said it's a great product and the video is very informative and detailed by showing exactly how to properly clean a dogs ears. I use it about once a week depending on how bad Dually's ears get or if he is itchy and scratching at them. We are dealing with some allergies at the moment as well so it's contributing to the gunk built up in his ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4odbAlDRiz0

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
i just use clx wipes, i clear in and around the lug, it seems to do the trick.
my staffordshire bull terrier suffered from infections in her ears which need operations
so i check the ears every other day

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We do a daily wipe in her hears and they cleaned really good once a month when she is at the groomers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
I came across the following video on You Tube and ran it past my Vet just to make sure and he said it's a great product and the video is very informative and detailed by showing exactly how to properly clean a dogs ears. I use it about once a week depending on how bad Dually's ears get or if he is itchy and scratching at them. We are dealing with some allergies at the moment as well so it's contributing to the gunk built up in his ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4odbAlDRiz0

thank you so much !!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.