raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Hello,

my english bulldog is 8 months and SHEDS like there is no tomorrow. I was wondering if it could be due to weather changes or he needs more grooming dates.

Thank you!

Raechel

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
They will shed twice a year, but if it is excessive, he may need a supplement-or a better food. My dogs eat a grain free, and get a very good supplement, and they do not shed very much.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Bulldogs are shedders ,but good diet daily brushing + salmon oil seem to help ;-)

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
One of ours sheds like crazy and is 8 months old..the furminator works wonders! We also put salmon oil in their dinner every night.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas use to shed a lot, I switched his food to grain free and he has the most wonderful shampoo, Pharmaseb, it is anti-fungal anti-bacterial. I swear it cut his shedding 90%. I also have the Kong Zoom Groom brush that works wonders.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My guys shed a lot as well, sometimes I swear I could make another dog out of their fur. Blossom sheds more than her brother though, she has white fur, and Bulldozer has brown fur, but it's mostly white fur that I find when I clean. They do tend to shed more at certain times of the year, like spring, but Blossom has a lot of allergies that Dozer doesn't, so that could be the reason she sheds more than him due to skin problems associated with allergies. She is allergic to chicken, salmon, grains and corn. I bath our two guys once every 2 weeks, and we brush them with the Kong Zoom brush, it helps to keep down the shedding. For cleaning we vacuum, sweep, and Swiffer every Wednesday, and every Sunday, we vacuum, sweep, Swiffer and damp mop the house.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.