Nose rope cleaning

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I took someone's advice and got the tucks pads well the knock off ones. Anyhow when I try and clean his rope wow he does not like it at all it almost gets in his eyes and stuff. So is there a way or maybe even a better time to do it? I try to hold him down but he really goes ape not sure if that is making things worse or not. Anyone has some advice to help me out that would be great. And if forcing him by holding him down is bad what ever you can give would be great
Thank you very much.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
When lilly was younger i crouched behind her ,lifted her head up to me and was talking to her softly things like "wrinkle wipe ,pretty girl ,mummies girl,good baby " she still hated it and it took some time to get her used to -before i finished i said "last one" ,"all done" and gave her loads of praise and treat :-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pati gave you perfect advice.... This is what we did with Banks too, now she couldn't care less that we wipe her face.... Ears, a different story, but her face I can do whatever I want for using the technique Pati described

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Great advice given! Definitely make it like a "party" or something fun by saying very cheery, encouraging statements to Rambo as you're cleaning him. Try to be as gentle as you can while cleaning the nose rope as sometimes there can be irritation in that area. I think if you held him down and forced him to comply, you would only create more fear in Rambo and he (and you), would not be a happy camper.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie doesn't like it either, I think the smell of the pads might be an issue as well. I find Brie is less wiggly whn I use witch hazel vs the phyto pads. I either straddle her from behind like the above folks discussed or whn she is napping, I sneak in n clean it along w her tear stains. Def make it a fun thing, give a treat n lots of praise!

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
The pads I got say witch hazel on them and that's funny I try to do it when he is sleeping to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.