Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we bought the Furminator at Petsmart, it was on sale. You can watch the PetValu and Petsmart flyers for when they go on sale. I tried to use it, but my scaredy cat Dozer is terrified of the noise. He loves to be brushed so we use the Zoom Groom as well. I didn't find the Furminator worked that well on the short hairs. We bath our guys once every two weeks, and rinse them with apple cider vinegar and warm water, then we brush them, it seems to help.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
We use both the furminator and the zoom groom. The zoom seems to get a lot of the top hair but the furminator gets deeper. I use the zoom first then do a few passes with the furminator. It really seems to work.

Same here. I use both as they seem to work slightly different.
Dooley hates both so it's a battle everytime.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I have a furminator & zoom groom...for me the furminator works better...brush her few times a week but give her a good brushing before baths & rinse with ACV seems to help alot...I found both brushes on Amazon alot cheaper that the petstore

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Yes I love it I can see a difference in hair left around house and on me. Mia is getting used to it as I have only had it for a couple weeks. Works great I think. I still want a zoom groom though for top of coat and shampoos.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

ColeB

Mar 18, 2014
Richmond, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cue
We use a furminator on Cue and it works really well. She isn't very fond of it so I brush her while she is sleeping lol

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
I have used the furminator for years and my boys love to get brushed..I have the yellow one.not sure what size bc I've had it for so long..it works better on Romeo who has more fur..I think it's like a double coat..it really pulls a lot of hair out and fatso has very short hair but when he is shedding it works very well on him

eljeffe23

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
There is no denying that the short hair furminator works wonders. Just remember to use very light pressure and only go over each area once. I just use treats and my guy tolerates it, although that goes for everything.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi we tried the Furminator, but I found it didn't really work that well on spthe short hair, and Dozer was really scared of it.
We use the Kong Zoom Groom. They like being brushed with this.

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
We use it after Leon as been showered his hair is still damp and it takes the dead hair away and several times a week we just use a soft brush.
I wouldn't recommend using it daily if your heavy handed.

Most Reactions