Does anyone use a furminator?

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
I was just wondering if anyone uses a furminator on their bully? I have one for my kitty and it works wonders!! If you do what size do you have? I have the short haired cat one for adult cats, do you think it would be ok to use it on Hulk? He seems to be shedding a ton all of a sudden and he is only 4 months old.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
My son uses one on his pug and it works wonders,,i tried it on chumley and it didn't work nearly as well. Others here have said it works for them..maybe I just had the wrong sized one? Theyre pretty expensive aren't they?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have one but it's mainly for the cats. Ruthie does not like to be brushed and it really does nothing to help with her short, thin fur. On the cats it works wonders though.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have the medium one, it's orange and on the package it had a boxer. It's works pretty good on Buster, some have said that they cant get into the body folds with it but Buster loves when I use it on him and I get a lot of fur off him.

OP
Sarah Elizabeth

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Thanks everyone! They are expensive and I'm hoping the kitty one might work on Hulk lol it's short hair haha. His fur is so short right now with being a puppy. I tried the brush on him but he thought it was a game.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have one and used it a few times but the bullies really didn't like it. Now we use the Kong Zoom Groom and our bullies love it and it really gets the loose hair out, better than the Furminator I think.

OP
Sarah Elizabeth

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Thanks! I'll have to look into that. I tried the furminator on hulk again and he just thinks I'm playing. It didn't get much off. It works wonders with my kitty but so far not with him (it's also the one for short haired cats so that may be part if it).

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We use both the furminator and the zoom groom. The zoom seems to get a lot of the top hair but the furminator gets deeper. I use the zoom first then do a few passes with the furminator. It really seems to work.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use the furminator to start to get out the under hairs, and then I use the zoom to finish it off… I only have to brush Winston once a week! The fulminator is expensive, but I also use it on my boxer...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
same here.... Zoom Groom mostly, but the furminator at times to get some of the top coat off

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I vote for the Zoom Groom too. Does a much better job, and Vegas actually likes to be brushed, especially his butt.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Just want to put it out there, if you do get a Furminator, make sure you get the short hair one!! On Black Friday the only thing I went out for was the Furminator... in my excitement I didn't double check and I picked up the long hair one. :( supposedly it works about the same on a short hair dog, but save yourself the trouble so ya don't have to wonder like me ;)

I do have a zoom groom too. Makes a mess but what doesn't with these guys? ;)

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
We have both, but the zoom groom seems to work better for us than the furminator. That and the vacuum. Yes, we vacuum Henry. Found out by accident that he doesn't mind being vacuumed, so between the zoom groom and the vacuum, he stays pretty well groomed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online