Garbage Breath... Please Help!!!

jrbug

Dec 4, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Junior
Hi my 3 year old Bully's Breath smells like Garbage. Switched his food from fish to turkey thinking that would help but no change! Vet says his teeth are great! Looking for suggestions i have tried bones, putting things in his water and i dont feed him people food.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I can't believe no one has any ideas..!

My bully's breath stinks too. Did you ever try using one of those rubber "tooth brushes" you put on your finger? Mine has good teeth too but I try to use it once a day to get the "yuck" out and clean his one or two teeth that tend to be the source of the build up that can stink.

Also, I would talk to your vet next time you're there to see if he has any suggestions.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I feed mine either homemade food or Wellness Core Ocean. When I feed Amber turkey it seems to linger on her breath so I don't use the turkey as often as I use to. I mostly feed them beef, pork and fish. When they eat the wellness core ocean they will smell like fish for a little bit but within an hour or two the smell is gone. I couldn't take the turkey breath so I stopped making things with turkey in it for mine. Good luck.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Perhaps you could try giving him some plain yogurt (maybe a tablespoon or two) each day. It may help add some good digestive enzymes, and may improve his breath. They all love yogurt!(active culture)

OP
jrbug

jrbug

Dec 4, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Junior
Thanks everyone think I may add some yougurt to diet.. I did go to vet they gave me a additive to put in water that should help they say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was hoping to see some suggestions as well.... i started with the yogurt last week and hope it helps my Frenchie. Cheli and Banks both get all the same food items, but wow does Cheli's breath stink -- i thought it was going to have something to do with his teeth and our vet said no he looks fantastic - offered the stuff in the water, but I passed on it and started the yogurt based on an older thread.

Guess we'll see what the coming days/weeks bring

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I wish I had some ideas, my bully's breath isn't too bad but my 9 year old boxer's is the WORST!!! LOL And of course she's the licker of the two… LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly has bloody breath, but she lets me go into her mouth. I'm always finding hair caught in her gums, and when I pull it out it bleeds. The other day I was "cleaning out her mouth" when I saw a small piece of hair stuck in one of the grooves of her pallet. Pulled it out and it kept coming. She had a whole groove full of hair and debris and it bled. I couldn't do this with all my bullies either, she's the only one who lets me. Although her teeth look pretty good I would still like to get them cleaned this year anyway to see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Wish I had some knowledge to help...Dudley's breath is fine. I was thinking, though, does Junior have any allergies? This may be crazy, but I have horrid sinuses and when my allergies are bad...my breath is horrid...just wondering if the same thing could be true of the bullies?!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well I must say 2 days later and Molly's breath smells much better. It was the hair trapped in her pallet for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.