My 6 month old English Bulldog's tears smell prretty bad on 1 eye HELP!

gmendoza3

Nov 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximo
Im constantly cleaning my pups eyes but 1 particular one just keeps leaking very smelly tears leaving a stench on his cheek that Im constantly having to clean with his oatmeal shampoo and drying it just to get that smell out.

Please help :) any suggestions would be great

OP
G

gmendoza3

Nov 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximo
Smelly tears on 1 eye helpppp!!!!!!!!!!

Im constantly cleaning my pups eyes but 1 particular one just keeps leaking very smelly tears leaving a stench on his cheek that Im constantly having to clean with his oatmeal shampoo and drying it just to get that smell out.

English bulldog 6 months old

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Re: Smelly tears on 1 eye helpppp!!!!!!!!!!

[MENTION=10358]gmendoza3[/MENTION] Are you sure it's the tears that smell? I'm thinking he has a yeast infection on that side of his face because of the tears, and that's what you're smelling. Are you seeing any brownish looking goop when you're cleaning it? If it is yeast, I'd stay away from the oatmeal shampoo as it can make it worse. You'd need something like mal-a-ket or douxo wipes to clear it up.

OP
G

gmendoza3

Nov 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximo

HMMMM You may be right. but im not seeing any brown goop, just his hair in his cheek is moist due to the excessive tears so i wash it and dry it. I have non scented dog wipes but it doesnt really remove the smell Ill try that mal-a-ket wipes
thanks

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike

English bulldog 6 months old

My dogs tears smell as well, and like you said there is no brown goop or anything. Also when the fold is dry, it does not smell, its definetely the tears and this combined with a few other things, is leading me now to try a new brand of food as I think it may be allergy related. I usually wipe Spikes folds with baby wipes w/aloe and that seems to clean the smell up mostly.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I use a smidge of desitin (baby diaper rash cream) and it helps dry out constant tearing. Although the source needs to be found for the constant tearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.