Tear stains

PatrickD82

Oct 27, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hey I have tried everything to get rid of my bullies tear stains. We use wipes on him daily give him angel eyes feed him Fromm dog food and even tried peroxide away from the eye. Nothing seems to be working. A little help would be excellent. The stains are pretty dark and his eyes crease is always damp!

I think you can see it fairly well in the picture attached. He is only 7 months old and it started fairly early on.

y2a3ypuh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey I have tried everything to get rid of my bullies tear stains. We use wipes on him daily give him angel eyes feed him Fromm dog food and even tried peroxide away from the eye. Nothing seems to be working. A little help would be excellent. The stains are pretty dark and his eyes crease is always damp!

I think you can see it fairly well in the picture attached. He is only 7 months old and it started fairly early on.

y2a3ypuh.jpg

He's a very handsome boy!! I love his teeth and he has beautiful markings!

In my opinion angel eyes is a waste of money it never works. Have you tried Duoxo pads out? Buster used to have problems with tear stains until we started using them.

lthegreat

Mar 30, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybelle
Our little one started to get tear stains at about 3 months old. We tried the expensive wipes to no avail, but my husband read somewhere that it could be from the water they drink. We decided to try giving her filtered water and that worked almost instantly. Haven't had a problem with tear stains since...

OP
P

PatrickD82

Oct 27, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
No smell I'll have to try the pads and water. We have a well so maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks for the advice.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We had the same problem where nothing worked. We found out that our guy had entropian and after fixing his eyes, they disappeared. I would try the water first but you may want to have the vet look carefully at his eyes for stray eyelashes or entropian.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Good luck with the tear stains. That is the only problem I have with Amber and Ruby and I have almost flat given up. I wash them down and make sure they are cleaned regularly but these two are big fans of drinking water out of the Kio pond, toliet, whatever and wherever they can find water. They are totally healthy in ever way except the tear stains; I have found the stains to be worse at curtain times of the year so I suspect it is allergy related for mine but not so bad I lose sleep over them anymore. The vet looked at them and says their eyes are perfect so I just chalk it up to the airborne allergies of sometype. Amber is two now and hers are almost gone but she has a black mask; Ruby has a white face mostly so one of her tear stains is more noticeable than the other. Good luck!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have a problem with tear stains with my Tate. He's a white bully so the stains are quite obvious. I've tried changing his drinking water to distilled water as well as given apple cider vinegar in his food...some things work for a little while but the stains come back. I admit, I haven't always been consistent with these interventions however. I really need to be a little more proactive with this as well; the food change seems to help a little...he's on home cooking which has given him some improvement.

Alisha

Dec 26, 2013
Alpharetta, GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lou Ferrigno
yea my Lou has a white face on one side and his tear stain is AWFUL!! no smell we clean it all the time, but we cant get rid of it... any pointers? is it something im doing wrong or is it just a bulldog normal thing?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
There is somewhere in articles section on main part of the page article about tear stains and loads of great other ones sorry cant post a link using taptalk

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I read Desitin Cream works. I haven't tried it yet.

Bigd07

Jun 3, 2013
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Hunter
I have been using desitin and it helps some what,clears it up for a day or so

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
What flavor Fromm? The only thing that works for Gus is Pork and Peas. The slightest bit of white potato in his diet brings the stains back.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
forgoit to add - i would be vary using angels eyes and peroxide - knowing that bullies tend to be sensitive , just make sure you keep the wrinkles dry constantly -it can be hard work but then again hes so handsome he looks great with them too xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.