Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 24

Thread: groomers

  1. #1
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default groomers

    took Sheldon to the groomers today and he HATED it!! Shook the entire time he was on that table like someone was going to beat him. He was fine the second I put him on the floor. I think Sheldon has acrophobia. Then another handsome bully came in that had just had a bath and Sheldon was ever so excited to meet him had his hole butt just a wigglin'. The other bully was enjoying him some spa time, he was being blow dried and he was loving it! So I got some attachments for my mother in laws drimmel and I will be doing Sheldon's claws at home. Everyone loved on him and gave him all kinds of attention so he loved the shopping and mingling part of the trip.

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  2. #2
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: groomers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    took Sheldon to the groomers today and he HATED it!! Shook the entire time he was on that table like someone was going to beat him. He was fine the second I put him on the floor. I think Sheldon has acrophobia. Then another handsome bully came in that had just had a bath and Sheldon was ever so excited to meet him had his hole butt just a wigglin'. The other bully was enjoying him some spa time, he was being blow dried and he was loving it! So I got some attachments for my mother in laws drimmel and I will be doing Sheldon's claws at home. Everyone loved on him and gave him all kinds of attention so he loved the shopping and mingling part of the trip.
    Brutus hates the groomer as well. Last time they had to muzzle him. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! He does not like to get his nails clipped. I am currently at a loss on what to do about it

  3. #3
    Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    fastmatt613's Avatar
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,031
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)
    79

    Default Re: groomers

    Aww poor Sheldon! Maybe he's not about the posh life and is happy being an average guy like the rest of us lol. was the table at all wobbly or shaky or just too small? Rocco gets alittle uneasy when I put him on things he's not used to being on like the picnic table bench which is thin so he's scared to move on it. Maybe it was something like that for him?

  4. #4
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: groomers

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Brutus hates the groomer as well. Last time they had to muzzle him. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! He does not like to get his nails clipped. I am currently at a loss on what to do about it
    Sheldon argues with me but he never even said a peep to her I was holding him and trying to stop him from being frightened and since I hated that so much it won't be an experience we repeat. I'll drimmel them at home. We bought the attachments today if I have to (which I really hate) I'll put him on his back.

    sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  5. #5
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: groomers

    Quote Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
    Aww poor Sheldon! Maybe he's not about the posh life and is happy being an average guy like the rest of us lol. was the table at all wobbly or shaky or just too small? Rocco gets alittle uneasy when I put him on things he's not used to being on like the picnic table bench which is thin so he's scared to move on it. Maybe it was something like that for him?
    It was a little smaller than the table at the vet which I think is what he equates that too. He is scared to death of tables. I think he is happy being an average guy. Likes having his spa days at home with Mommy at the helm he just relaxes when I do it he argues over his claws but I win those battles and now that we have the drimmel tool I think even that is going to be easier.

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  6. #6
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: groomers

    That's nice that there was another Bully for him to see. I can imagine the butt wiggles!!

    The best advice anyone ever gave us on dremmeling nails was to use treats while you do it. My wife has gotten it down to a science where Buster will lay down and let her hold his paw while she's doing it but it took forever and a whole bunch of treats.

  7. #7
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: groomers

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    That's nice that there was another Bully for him to see. I can imagine the butt wiggles!!

    The best advice anyone ever gave us on dremmeling nails was to use treats while you do it. My wife has gotten it down to a science where Buster will lay down and let her hold his paw while she's doing it but it took forever and a whole bunch of treats.
    He is pretty good at letting me clip them but he does argue with me over his dew claws I win of course but then he sulks and gives me for a couple days. When I say argue I mean it I grab his foot and he makes this noise like he is saying no and pulls his foot back I say yes and grab it back he does it again and again I say yes and grab it back this goes on for about five minutes before he capitulates.

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  8. #8
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Re: groomers

    Winston LOVES the groomers, but I started taking him at a very early age. I'm allergic to dogs, and the hair just about puts me over the edge at times… They HAVE to be bathed somewhere else!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  9. #9
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: groomers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    He is pretty good at letting me clip them but he does argue with me over his dew claws I win of course but then he sulks and gives me for a couple days. When I say argue I mean it I grab his foot and he makes this noise like he is saying no and pulls his foot back I say yes and grab it back he does it again and again I say yes and grab it back this goes on for about five minutes before he capitulates.
    haha!! I know exactly the sound your talking about! It's all about persistence with bulldog I'm afraid.

  10. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11536

    Default Re: groomers

    could be that your nervousness is making him scared.... try to leave the area and ask that they not place him on the table. see if it helps. Or, just have it done when he is at the vet office for a check up... with our vet it is free during exams,.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #11
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: groomers

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    could be that your nervousness is making him scared.... try to leave the area and ask that they not place him on the table. see if it helps. Or, just have it done when he is at the vet office for a check up... with our vet it is free during exams,.
    Its twenty dollars to have it done at our vet in addition to the office visit and any tests they have to run. Its possible about the nervousness but I wasn't over there when she put him on the table it was a sturdy table and it is hydraulic so it lifts up and down when he started shaking so much she asked me to come over and help hold him and of course I did. She never moved the table at all. I use to have him groomed at the other vet it was like 30 dollars for all of it including anal glands.

    sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  12. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11536

    Default Re: groomers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    Its twenty dollars to have it done at our vet in addition to the office visit and any tests they have to run. Its possible about the nervousness but I wasn't over there when she put him on the table it was a sturdy table and it is hydraulic so it lifts up and down when he started shaking so much she asked me to come over and help hold him and of course I did. She never moved the table at all. I use to have him groomed at the other vet it was like 30 dollars for all of it including anal glands.

    sent from my Droid RAZR with love!
    $20 holy crap....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •