Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
The reason that he was so scared on the table is the same reason that most big dogs are, they are not used to being put up on high things or being picked up and held because of course they are to heavy. So when you take them out of there element of having the ground under there feet it makes them very nervous . I'm a bulldog owner and a groomer and my own person bulldogs that have gone to work with me to be groomed once a week for there entire lives StILL tremble every time. I would advise you to keep taking him and just ask them to not put him on the table.

Should I include treats as well? He use to get groomed every two weeks but I started doing the grooming myself and with the kids being so busy with their various sports and functions its hard for me to keep up with his grooming during the school year. I would LOVE for him to be like the other bully was he was very comfortable and enjoyed every second near as I could tell! The other bully was enjoying being blow dried. Up to that point since I adopted him he had never seen another bully and he seemed really excited!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww poor guy! Daisy hasnt been to the groomers yet. Thankfully she is still small enough for me to bathe.. Well she cant go in our regular tub she has to be in the jacuzzi... Spoiled brat...lol And the nail issue we have had the vet do her claws but ours charge 20 bucks too! That is ridiculous!!! So we go to this groomers and they only charge 8. :) But the vet did say its all about the treats when they get their nails done. Like no feedings before appointments, so they really focus on those treats! Hope next time goes better for you guys! Big hugs and kisses :)

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww poor guy! Daisy hasnt been to the groomers yet. Thankfully she is still small enough for me to bathe.. Well she cant go in our regular tub she has to be in the jacuzzi... Spoiled brat...lol And the nail issue we have had the vet do her claws but ours charge 20 bucks too! That is ridiculous!!! So we go to this groomers and they only charge 8. :) But the vet did say its all about the treats when they get their nails done. Like no feedings before appointments, so they really focus on those treats! Hope next time goes better for you guys! Big hugs and kisses :)

I haven't gotten him professionally groomed since our bad experience he came home so itchy he had to have a bath with oatmeal shampoo and a benadryl and still had to pay to have is anal glands done again a week later because she either didn't do them or didn't do them well. Never had that problem at the vet.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Brutus hates the groomer as well. Last time they had to muzzle him. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! He does not like to get his nails clipped. I am currently at a loss on what to do about it

I am in the exact same boat with Gunny. Lately I have been waiting till he is in a deep sleep and cutting them. The problem is that I only get a few nails done before he wakes up and catches on to what I am doing. He absolutely hates it and freaks out. We did try the dremel but the noise of it made him act worse! UGH

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon only really argues with me over his dew claws he quit arguing about his other claws and he has learned as long as he lays quietly and let's me he gets a treat.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am in the exact same boat with Gunny. Lately I have been waiting till he is in a deep sleep and cutting them. The problem is that I only get a few nails done before he wakes up and catches on to what I am doing. He absolutely hates it and freaks out. We did try the dremel but the noise of it made him act worse! UGH

I did the same exact thing. I got as far as two nails! I hate to bring him to the groomer because they put this ring like thing around his neck and then they muzzle him. The first couple of times I brought him he was fine. This only happened once where they had to muzzle him. My husband had to drag me out of the place because I was having a fit that he was in that kind of position. Now I have no idea what to do. I am currently open to suggestions.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I did the same exact thing. I got as far as two nails! I hate to bring him to the groomer because they put this ring like thing around his neck and then they muzzle him. The first couple of times I brought him he was fine. This only happened once where they had to muzzle him. My husband had to drag me out of the place because I was having a fit that he was in that kind of position. Now I have no idea what to do. I am currently open to suggestions.

It just about killed me I know he needs to get use to it but I think he was much more comfortable when we had it done at the other vets office bigger tables and rooms I want him to enjoy his spa time like he does with me. Someone on this thread said repetition and treats actually a couple of people did. I just hate to see my big brave boy so scared!

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
Sorry I am just seeing this because I'm not familiar with this forum yet. Yes treats treats and more treats. Take treats for the groomer to give. Stop by the groomers sometimes just to let them say hi and give him a treat. This shows him that its not all scary.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.