Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
took Sheldon to the groomers today and he HATED it!! Shook the entire time he was on that table like someone was going to beat him. He was fine the second I put him on the floor. I think Sheldon has acrophobia. Then another handsome bully came in that had just had a bath and Sheldon was ever so excited to meet him had his hole butt just a wigglin'. The other bully was enjoying him some spa time, he was being blow dried and he was loving it! So I got some attachments for my mother in laws drimmel and I will be doing Sheldon's claws at home. Everyone loved on him and gave him all kinds of attention so he loved the shopping and mingling part of the trip.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
took Sheldon to the groomers today and he HATED it!! Shook the entire time he was on that table like someone was going to beat him. He was fine the second I put him on the floor. I think Sheldon has acrophobia. Then another handsome bully came in that had just had a bath and Sheldon was ever so excited to meet him had his hole butt just a wigglin'. The other bully was enjoying him some spa time, he was being blow dried and he was loving it! So I got some attachments for my mother in laws drimmel and I will be doing Sheldon's claws at home. Everyone loved on him and gave him all kinds of attention so he loved the shopping and mingling part of the trip.
Brutus hates the groomer as well. Last time they had to muzzle him. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! He does not like to get his nails clipped. I am currently at a loss on what to do about it

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Aww poor Sheldon! Maybe he's not about the posh life and is happy being an average guy like the rest of us lol. was the table at all wobbly or shaky or just too small? Rocco gets alittle uneasy when I put him on things he's not used to being on like the picnic table bench which is thin so he's scared to move on it. Maybe it was something like that for him?

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus hates the groomer as well. Last time they had to muzzle him. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! He does not like to get his nails clipped. I am currently at a loss on what to do about it

Sheldon argues with me but he never even said a peep to her I was holding him and trying to stop him from being frightened and since I hated that so much it won't be an experience we repeat. I'll drimmel them at home. We bought the attachments today if I have to (which I really hate) I'll put him on his back.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww poor Sheldon! Maybe he's not about the posh life and is happy being an average guy like the rest of us lol. was the table at all wobbly or shaky or just too small? Rocco gets alittle uneasy when I put him on things he's not used to being on like the picnic table bench which is thin so he's scared to move on it. Maybe it was something like that for him?
It was a little smaller than the table at the vet which I think is what he equates that too. He is scared to death of tables. I think he is happy being an average guy. Likes having his spa days at home with Mommy at the helm he just relaxes when I do it he argues over his claws but I win those battles and now that we have the drimmel tool I think even that is going to be easier.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's nice that there was another Bully for him to see. I can imagine the butt wiggles!! :D

The best advice anyone ever gave us on dremmeling nails was to use treats while you do it. My wife has gotten it down to a science where Buster will lay down and let her hold his paw while she's doing it but it took forever and a whole bunch of treats.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That's nice that there was another Bully for him to see. I can imagine the butt wiggles!! :D

The best advice anyone ever gave us on dremmeling nails was to use treats while you do it. My wife has gotten it down to a science where Buster will lay down and let her hold his paw while she's doing it but it took forever and a whole bunch of treats.
He is pretty good at letting me clip them but he does argue with me over his dew claws I win of course but then he sulks and gives me :stinkeye: for a couple days. When I say argue I mean it I grab his foot and he makes this noise like he is saying no and pulls his foot back I say yes and grab it back he does it again and again I say yes and grab it back this goes on for about five minutes before he capitulates.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston LOVES the groomers, but I started taking him at a very early age. I'm allergic to dogs, and the hair just about puts me over the edge at times… They HAVE to be bathed somewhere else!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is pretty good at letting me clip them but he does argue with me over his dew claws I win of course but then he sulks and gives me :stinkeye: for a couple days. When I say argue I mean it I grab his foot and he makes this noise like he is saying no and pulls his foot back I say yes and grab it back he does it again and again I say yes and grab it back this goes on for about five minutes before he capitulates.

haha!! I know exactly the sound your talking about! It's all about persistence with bulldog I'm afraid.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could be that your nervousness is making him scared.... try to leave the area and ask that they not place him on the table. see if it helps. Or, just have it done when he is at the vet office for a check up... with our vet it is free during exams,.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
could be that your nervousness is making him scared.... try to leave the area and ask that they not place him on the table. see if it helps. Or, just have it done when he is at the vet office for a check up... with our vet it is free during exams,.

Its twenty dollars to have it done at our vet in addition to the office visit and any tests they have to run. Its possible about the nervousness but I wasn't over there when she put him on the table it was a sturdy table and it is hydraulic so it lifts up and down when he started shaking so much she asked me to come over and help hold him and of course I did. She never moved the table at all. I use to have him groomed at the other vet it was like 30 dollars for all of it including anal glands.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Its twenty dollars to have it done at our vet in addition to the office visit and any tests they have to run. Its possible about the nervousness but I wasn't over there when she put him on the table it was a sturdy table and it is hydraulic so it lifts up and down when he started shaking so much she asked me to come over and help hold him and of course I did. She never moved the table at all. I use to have him groomed at the other vet it was like 30 dollars for all of it including anal glands.

$20 holy crap....

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
haha!! I know exactly the sound your talking about! It's all about persistence with bulldog I'm afraid.
yes it is and repetition. Maybe if I had him all the way groomed he would have been all right but I am so afraid they are going to use a shampoo that will make him itch that I don't have him professionally groomed anymore. When I had him done at the other vet they did a great job but they only do it one day a week but I think I might start taking him back there for it because they keep him there and I pick him up at 2 I HATE leaving him but it might be less stress on the both of us.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
$20 holy crap....
Yeah that is what I said when I saw the bill the other vet like you said includes it if I want it done I think I might be checking around for another vet soon.

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
The reason that he was so scared on the table is the same reason that most big dogs are, they are not used to being put up on high things or being picked up and held because of course they are to heavy. So when you take them out of there element of having the ground under there feet it makes them very nervous . I'm a bulldog owner and a groomer and my own person bulldogs that have gone to work with me to be groomed once a week for there entire lives StILL tremble every time. I would advise you to keep taking him and just ask them to not put him on the table.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.