Puppy fur

nikkiLazaro

Nov 7, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
I'm a newbie and this is my first real post on here! :)

I just got a new EB puppy last week. She is now 12 weeks old. I love how her puppy fur is so soft! I was wondering what kind of shampoo should be used to keep it that way? I noticed with my Frenchie (now 8 months old) that his fur isn't so soft anymore :( Any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN!!! I also have a Frenchie and we have a sister site too, French Bulldog news.

Mochi is adorable in your avatar picture!

As for the soft puppy fur, yeah, it is a puppy thing just like that wonderful breath! Banks our EB is soft especially her head it is like velour, but all babies are different some hair is more course than others,

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN! Your Mochi is adorable. I bath Brutus in a natural oatmeal shampoo. What kind of food are you feeding. I had Brutus on Iams for a short while when he was a pup but I switched him to a better food and his coat is soft and beautiful.

OP
nikkiLazaro

nikkiLazaro

Nov 7, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Omg I just saw your frenchie! He's super cute! He looks like my Koju! :D We just joined the FB forum today too haha. I figured that's just how his fur is. I had another EB before. He was older than Koju but his fur was way softer. So weird haha. Hopefully Mochi's fur will stay soft!
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] Thank you!! :) Your Brutus is such a sweetie! I wanna try that oatmeal shampoo. Sounds lovely for the puppy! I'm currently feeding her Nature's Domain from costco. I thought it was great deal for a grain-free kibble. But any suggestions on other good quality food is much appreciated!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
@2BullyMama Omg I just saw your frenchie! He's super cute! He looks like my Koju! :D We just joined the FB forum today too haha. I figured that's just how his fur is. I had another EB before. He was older than Koju but his fur was way softer. So weird haha. Hopefully Mochi's fur will stay soft!
@brutus77 Thank you!! :) Your Brutus is such a sweetie! I wanna try that oatmeal shampoo. Sounds lovely for the puppy! I'm currently feeding her Nature's Domain from costco. I thought it was great deal for a grain-free kibble. But any suggestions on other good quality food is much appreciated!
There is a list on this site of top rated foods. I think it is under food and nutrition. I heard good things about the Costco food. Check the list and see where it is rated. That is how I found Brutus' food. He eats Merrick Buffalo and sweet potato grain free.

OP
nikkiLazaro

nikkiLazaro

Nov 7, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
There is a list on this site of top rated foods. I think it is under food and nutrition. I heard good things about the Costco food. Check the list and see where it is rated. That is how I found Brutus' food. He eats Merrick Buffalo and sweet potato grain free.

Sounds like my puppy would love the buffalo flavor! Thanks so much for the list! I'll definitely check it out :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online