Skin redness

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank had skin issue last month, took him to the vet. Vet said it was probably skin infections(she wasn't sure), she prescribed antibiotics. And she took a skin scrap for test--came up negative. I thought maybe he was missing the hair from the vet scrapping his skin, but his hair started growing back recently. Should I be worried? I apply desitin cream on it. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. Should I be applying something else? He didn't have hair growing b4, but now it's growing--slowly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383489311.183474.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383489311.183474.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 167

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wonder if it was a hotspot.... was the skin wet/moist at the time?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Bella had skin issues, but never w/out bumps... that looks pretty red!!! I'm going to tag a few members that can advice you further... @desertskybulldogs, @2BullyMama, @Davidh

OP
Iveski

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
No moister, mostly dry. His allergies have been getting crazy lately. He's currently on Fromms pork & peas (my 3rd protein change). He wakes up with boogers in his eyes every other morning. If he wakes up the boogers in his eyes I give him Benadryl. There is no break in the skin.

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Union, South Carolina, United States
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Caroline and Piper
I order zymox online ( the shampoo and rinse) because my bully gets really red spots on her tummy. When I see it I start applying the rinse on it every day twice a day usually gone in about 5 days unless it's really bad spot. The vet told me to use that on spots that hair is coming out on back if u feel sores because it's a skin infection. i also use cephalexin antibiotic too with the rinse treatment. I do not rinse it off just use like u would a lotion. If you had gotten a prescription ( antibiotic) from the vet and u know it worked go to a fish site and order it there without a prescription it will save u tons of money. My vet wasn't happy when i told her that's what I did she missed a sale...:)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Since the hair is growing back, it is getting better, so I wouldn't put anything on it. Just keep an eye on it.

OP
Iveski

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Could've the spot be from the skin scrap?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Not really, the hair loss was probably from allergies, and now that the hair is growing back, that's a good thing.

Most Reactions