tail pocket...

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
I went to clean Stinky's tail pocket and he screamed. I thought he was gonna bite me. He didn't want me to touch it. I always have a hard time with his tail pocket. It must be sore for some reason. Should I go a few days with out cleaning it or should I take him to the vets? I normally clean it every night. He's never liked me to clean it.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Is it normally pretty icky in there? Loki's can be tender sometime he will try and sit on my hand as I clean his pocket but never yelped. Maybe it is just tender for some reason do it look red or irritated from what you can see?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This happens with Banks a lot too... she tighens up so much I have to fight to get under. I back off for a bit, wait for the b/f to get home then he holds her while I get under. she has also tried to bite me a few times... I think she just hates us cleaning it.

B

Baxter Tiberius

If you let it go too long (depending on the dogs physiology) it can turn into raw, inflamed skin under there pretty quickly.

Its either that, or its structural. If you have been able to clean there in the past without a scream, then my guess is that it's not structural ... but that it went too long without a cleaning, and now the skin is inflamed a bit.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston does this too, just out of the pure fact that he hates it. He did have issues with it a few months back and I think that may have something to do with it. He just relates it with pain because there was an infection there. Just to be sure I had the vet check it out when he was there last week and she said he is completely fine back there he is just throwing a "temper tantrum" LOL!

Most Reactions