JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Thank you to everyone in this thread. I just noticed how "dirty" Colossus' ears were last night. So I cleaned last night then this morning the right one was oozing just a bit. They dont smell so Im hoping its just allergies.

On the vinegar water mix, how much vinegar do I put in the water? Just three or four drops in his ear and call it good?

My vet advised half/half. Said the vinegar is not dangerous it's a natural antiseptic. That it will only hurt if the ear is raw or has an open cut. The vinegar actually seems to help more than the ear wash with Jagger.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
My vet advised half/half. Said the vinegar is not dangerous it's a natural antiseptic. That it will only hurt if the ear is raw or has an open cut. The vinegar actually seems to help more than the ear wash with Jagger.

So you just drop it in his ear and he will shake it out or do I need to go in and dry it? Im being dense I know, but dont want to cause more harm to my buddy.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
How my vet showed me and what we do is drop a little in the ear, massage it, let Jagger Shake, then wipe his ear with a cotton ball. He will usually run around and rub on everything like he has a spider or something on him :)

It helps his ears a lot. And I wouldn't tell you any of this had I not got the information from my vet. I am not an experienced bulldog owner. One of the reasons I rely on this forum so much.

My vet told me about doing this because Jagger's allergies are so bad. He said sometimes certain dogs can be allergic to things in the ear wash. In Jagger case since he is allergic to everything, there is less of a chance for reaction using the vinegar.

Members online

No members online now.