Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ears

Doing the ear wash and the athlete's foot cream has really cleared up Jagger's ear. It's not red anymore just a little pink
    Jennye

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Jagger's ear is almost all better - now I just washing his ears at night and doing the cream every other day. I going to wash his ears nightly until the end of the week. This is the advice of my vet. Said then go to 3 times a week. And just see how often he needs it from there.
    Jennye

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member RazrRila99's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colossus
    Likes (Received)

Thank you to everyone in this thread. I just noticed how "dirty" Colossus' ears were last night. So I cleaned last night then this morning the right one was oozing just a bit. They dont smell so Im hoping its just allergies.

On the vinegar water mix, how much vinegar do I put in the water? Just three or four drops in his ear and call it good?

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RazrRila99 View Post
    Thank you to everyone in this thread. I just noticed how "dirty" Colossus' ears were last night. So I cleaned last night then this morning the right one was oozing just a bit. They dont smell so Im hoping its just allergies.

On the vinegar water mix, how much vinegar do I put in the water? Just three or four drops in his ear and call it good?
    My vet advised half/half. Said the vinegar is not dangerous it's a natural antiseptic. That it will only hurt if the ear is raw or has an open cut. The vinegar actually seems to help more than the ear wash with Jagger.
    Jennye

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member RazrRila99's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colossus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    My vet advised half/half. Said the vinegar is not dangerous it's a natural antiseptic. That it will only hurt if the ear is raw or has an open cut. The vinegar actually seems to help more than the ear wash with Jagger.
    So you just drop it in his ear and he will shake it out or do I need to go in and dry it? Im being dense I know, but dont want to cause more harm to my buddy.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

How my vet showed me and what we do is drop a little in the ear, massage it, let Jagger Shake, then wipe his ear with a cotton ball. He will usually run around and rub on everything like he has a spider or something on him

It helps his ears a lot. And I wouldn't tell you any of this had I not got the information from my vet. I am not an experienced bulldog owner. One of the reasons I rely on this forum so much.

My vet told me about doing this because Jagger's allergies are so bad. He said sometimes certain dogs can be allergic to things in the ear wash. In Jagger case since he is allergic to everything, there is less of a chance for reaction using the vinegar.
    Jennye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads