Help! Urine odor!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We had a problem with our cats urine and I feel like that's a million times worse than dog. He is an old cat and couldn't make it down the steps to his litter box (we have since put a litter box in each floor of our place) and peed in the landing of one of the steps. We tried all method listed here but that darn ammonia smell wouldn't go away. Lucky for us it was in the corner of the landing so we were able to lift the carpet and found that the urine soaked through the carpet padding.

We cut out the carpet padding. And replaced it (it was a few bucks for carpet padding). We then used vinegar and coated the carpet with the arm and hammer pet carpet refresher (basically the same thing as baking soda but it has a nice scent to it). We waited for it to dry and vacuumed it up. I then went back over it with our bissel pet spot steam cleaner. Took 2 times but the smell did go away and our dogs stopped sniffing that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
my son had his first ever accident the other night at 5yrs old, he had gotten home late with his dad and went straight to bed didn't pee first. I walked in his room and knew, i used a mix of dishsoap, vinegar and water, of course his stain was dry when i found it so I just scrubbed his mattress with the solution and the smell is gone!!!

Bulldogmd

Sep 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
This is some great information, I'm having the same issue with my 4 month old son Bronson. I was thinking of getting him some pampers. Lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions