Help! Urine odor!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Any tips for getting rid of urine odor from carpet without just replacing it?
Bo was on prednisone last week and had two large accidents in a small bedroom. Brad sometimes isn't the brightest and didn't try to soak up the urine before spraying the cleaning solution on it ( I know, divorce court is in our future) and then proceeding to rub in it real good when he cleaned it up!
I've cleaned it myself again, I've dried the area with a fan. I even called a pro cleaner and they said shampooing doesn't help with odor:( I don't really want to replace one room if carpet!! I need help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
An enzymatic cleaning solution helps or use the Natures Miracle Urine formula. We used it areas where Harlea had accidents on our area rug and one accident she had in the car and it doesn't smell at all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think vinegar helps ....

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
Buster had huge spot after he had been on IVs and was still pretty much out of it. It was a very strong odor and I was sure new carpet was the only answer. I finally poured straight vinegar over it and then
spread baking soda and left it overnight. Vacuumed it up the next morning and haven't had the smell since.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Buster had huge spot after he had been on IVs and was still pretty much out of it. It was a very strong odor and I was sure new carpet was the only answer. I finally poured straight vinegar over it and then
spread baking soda and left it overnight. Vacuumed it up the next morning and haven't had the smell since.

Thanks for all the tips everyone!!! I'll try them all!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's suggestions, you got great advice from everyone above. I've used vinegar, and it works really well, but I've also heard of Natures Miracle, and have heard it works as well. Or you could always replace the carpet with laminate flooring.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
We did the vinegar and baking soda alot when Maya was being house trained, but I didn't like the mess it made in my new canister vacuum. Now we bought an inexpensive steam cleaner and use just water for the occasional accidents instead of the the soap solution. It's works really well but it's gross when you dump out pure pee from the dirty water container

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I'm late to the party... I've used Nature's Miracle and it worked great!!! Good luck...

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
We did the vinegar and baking soda alot when Maya was being house trained, but I didn't like the mess it made in my new canister vacuum. Now we bought an inexpensive steam cleaner and use just water for the occasional accidents instead of the the soap solution. It's works really well but it's gross when you dump out pure pee from the dirty water container

For everyone who uses vinegar... Do you spray it on the carpet? And for those who do the baking soda... Do you sprinkle it on after you spray the vinegar? And is it just white vinegar?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We use a vinegar and water solution when Stig was still house training. It must've worked because he wouldn't pee on the same spot twice! :rolleyes: The baking soda, not too sure. I would think, the area needs to be fully dry first.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
For everyone who uses vinegar... Do you spray it on the carpet? And for those who do the baking soda... Do you sprinkle it on after you spray the vinegar? And is it just white vinegar?

First soak up as much as you can by standing on an old towel over the wet spot. I put straight white vinegar into a spray bottle and saturate the stain and little beyond it. Then I just sprinkle the baking soda right on it. It will fizzle and make scary sounds but once it is completely dry the vinegar is sometimes a little yellowish looking. Make sure it is completely dry before vaccuuming. Also I noticed that arm and hammer seemed to work better then generic for some reason...

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
There should be videos on you tube. I actually first heard about it on Pinterest.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We use vax carpet washer that we bought especially for Lily ,followed by a steamer , sorry i dont know any other way as hubby calls me a radar nose ,and i can smell just about anything

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.