Stinky paws...

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Stinky has been smelling. I found that the smell has been coming from his paws.They smell like a dirty dog . I have tried to wipe them off with baby wipes but doesn't seem to help. What else can I use and what causes the stinky paws?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it dirty dog or corn chips? Either way, try Apple cider vinegar and make sure you get them dry... Very dry .. Moisture can cause the smell and other problems

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum gets that too. I thought it was from walking in grass all the time..dirty dog is the perfect way to describe it too! Im going to try the ACV.

OP
Dana F

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
I do use ACV once a day in his food . Maybe am not drying his feet good. I give him a bath and the next day he is STINKY. I wash his beds after his bath. Wash his toys and his food/water bowl 3 times a week. I have even talk to his brothers/sisters owners to see if they have that smell too. And asked them what kind of food they feed. We all use TOTW the same food the breeder used..A few moths ago he smelled all over and I took him to the vets and they gave him some meds. that really worked. It was nice not having a stinky dog. But as soon as he got off the meds the smell is back. Should I take him back to the vets or try something else? One more thing when I took him to the vets NO one could smell it.. same goes with family and friends. I can't be the only one that smells it..can I?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You are more sensitive to his scents. It could be he is just dirty or her could have yeasty paws. All of it could also be allergy related whether it is food or environmental would need to be figured out. AVC rinse after baths and soaking his feet is a good start, but I think there is also a post here about pickled paws that helps to combat nasty yeasty/smell paws. i will see if I can find it.

Found it here: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?20245-RaRett-s-Pickled-Paws-for-yeasty-paws

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.